[App] Flashlight: CameraLight 2.3

cubedit

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
[App] Flashlight - CameraLight 8 (Free)

Simple and self-explaining second generation assistant light!

Maximum concentration on the essentials:

• Because speed is everything. First there is light, then comes the user interface!
  • 3 ways the light to turn on / off: shaking, screen input and the camera button on the phone.
  • Runs of course behind a locked screen and when making calls or hearing music.
  • Vibration and realistic "flashlight click" sound.
  • "Absence detection" automatically disables the light.
  • A user interface, which is designed to prevent false activation.
  • More App designs are available as a free download at any time and can be further extended without updating the app!
  • LockLight and RapidLight - two entirely purpose-oriented derivative of this app - are directly integrated and can be placed as a tile on your home screen.
  • Your mobile phone has no LED? The display can of course also be used as a light source.
  • Maximum flexibility: All functions can be adjusted as needed:

• Vibration intensity
  • Flashlight noise
  • Turn on the light when you start the app
  • Shake device as a light switch
  • Light behind a locked screen
  • Turn on the light when you lock the screen
  • Battery level indicator
  • Absence detection
  • Light switch (Press 1x, Press 2x or disable completely)
  • Holding light switch toggles light on
  • Holding light switch toggles light off
  • Use the display as a "flashlight"

This app is a hobby project, please apologize for the inconvenience!

One of the things I missed the most on my windows phone was a simple flashlight app. At that time there were no flashlight apps on the marketplace and since I always wanted to learn a new programming language I started to develop CameraLight. First it was just for me, but since at that time there were no flashlight apps, I decided to share it with the world and so a journey begun I had never expected. In the end I spend a lot more time on developing this app than I thought I ever would.
CameraLight is not the highest rated app in the store, but it was the first flashlight app that could run under your look screen, utilized the camera shutter button, had a flashlight sound and much more. We don?t manipulate the store ratings like some others sadly do and we don?t use fancy images - CameraLight is designed as a TOOL for who needs it really and nothing else! CameraLight and especially RapidLight/LockLight offer - from our measurements - one of the fastest implementations of all available flashlight apps out there. We don?t claim to be the brightest app or the fastest - no app can be brighter than the other and most apps offer pretty much the same start-up speed. If an app claims otherwise, then it is simply a lie.

CameraLight is designed for the one and only purpose to let your camera flash light shine bright. Do not expect more or less. Thanks for downloading my first app ever!

Every feedback is welcome...!

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't think our forum software will format the images like that, you'd need to just combine them into a smaller single combined image I think cubedit.

cubedit

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I am very happy with my app, it is stable and it was really a lot of work, especially if you start with nearly zero experience. but the most people still run after mostly two other apps ... ^ ^ Everything that is missing are a few good reviews to outdo the old. we will see..

Last edited:

cubedit

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Version 2.4
- major light on/off improvements, better see for yourself :excl:
- energy saving mode for none locked screens is now 0 on default
- HTC Mozart owner information
- small gui bug fix in advanced settings

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Good app, already replaced my old one, Flashlight.

I do have a recommendation though, the design on your app is ugly. Take a look at Flashligh. It has a beautiful tile and a simple design (instead of the square on yours).

If you could make something similar, your app would be perfect!

cubedit

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Good app, already replaced my old one, Flashlight.

I do have a recommendation though, the design on your app is ugly. Take a look at Flashligh. It has a beautiful tile and a simple design (instead of the square on yours).

If you could make something similar, your app would be perfect!

Hi there, first of all thank you. I think beauty is in the eye of the observer, but however, the last big thing I plan to change is the whole UI. I will not reveal my plans as also I cannot give any eta, bec I'm pretty busy right now. If I had to I would estimate something by the middle of the year... We will see!
You know you can change the size of the button? From the advanced settings page you can minimize it to some kind of tile size. It would not look like, but my intention with the design was, to make the screen as dark as possible, because you want to see whats in front, not whats on your screen.

L

lumic

Interesting to have a feature-rich flashlight app. My advice: simplify and beautify the UI. I'm currently using Flashlight XT because it works and looks good while it's at it.

cubedit

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
As I already said, currently I can not spend any time into this app. And I also think, if someone want a simple app, there is as example "flashlight". Why should I make something thats already there? My App is for people who want to have control and I think the main purpose is the light. I personaly use my app in advanced mode without any text displayed and of course without any advertisement. Then I start the app and as soon the light is on I lock the screen and thats it. I do not even use the button. I made the app initialy for myself, I got my device when mango for developers came out and I want to have a falshlight, so the dev tools where on my pc and the app is made the way I like it to be. But as already said, if there is some time, there is a plan, just no eta or detail on that, sry ;)

cubedit

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Just updated my over a year old post to reflect the current state of the app. I hope this little bump is not against board rules ;-)

Is it possible to change a threads title?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett