[App] LED Flashlight - free flashlight app, shake to toggle, no flicker

lemonez

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Name: LED Flashlight

This is a discussion thread for LED Flashlight, one of my apps. I will be really grateful for your feedback.

Screenshots:
de9e74a0-7540-4f58-9adc-aa2fa1bd2210
1cd6d603-9fc4-44aa-9b1b-f87ad7e8750c
5c0121f0-7060-4a32-8f92-886349b9d62e

Official Facebook Page: here.

Description:
LED Flashlight is a simple and free flashlight app. It uses the LED light on your phone as a light source (the light used by the camera when taking photos).

Unlike some other flashlight apps that just show a white screen, LED Flashlight can give you a much brighter light.

Even if LED Flashlight is a very simple app, I took my time to polish it and make it the best in the marketplace. I included some special features, most of them not available in other flashlight apps:
  • Shake to toggle - you can shake the phone to toggle the flashlight
  • Camera button to toggle - you can use the camera shutter button to toggle the flashlight
  • Disable lock screen - you can disable the lock screen so that the light does not turn off by itself
  • Constant light - the LED light does not flicker like some other flashlight apps

Please note that this app will not work on devices with xenon flash or devices that do not have a flash at all.

User reactions.
Some people complain that this app does not work on HTC Mozart. Yes, it does not, because this phone has a xenon flash. Sorry, but there is no way to make a xenon flash light up constantly. I don't have such a phone but I think even the built-in camera app cannot do that.

Version history:

Version 1.1
[New] Flashlight toggle sound introduced.
[New] More settings added and "settings" menu improved.
[Changed] "Prevent lock screen" is now enabled by default.
[Improved] Shake sensitivity adjusted to a more appropriate level.
[Fixed] Crash on some devices when no internet connection is available.
[Fixed] Minor UI fixes.

Discussions.
I welcome any feature requests, bug reports or just random thoughts.

Languages.
Currently the app is only available in English and Bulgarian. Want to help translate it to your language? Send me a private message and I will give you an Excel file, it should take you no more than 30 minutes. Any language is welcome.

Thank you and take care.

Free download:

ledflashlightqrbitly.png

Last edited:

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
@lemonez. I like the app. I think I'll use it instead of my old flashlight app. Thanks!
Request: please make a nice live tile. I don't care what it does or what it shows, but I use my flashlight every morning, so it's pinned to me start menu. I would like a nicer looking tile.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

lemonez

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
@lemonez. I like the app. I think I'll use it instead of my old flashlight app. Thanks!
Request: please make a nice live tile. I don't care what it does or what it shows, but I use my flashlight every morning, so it's pinned to me start menu. I would like a nicer looking tile.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried to make it simple and metro-style, but I agree there's room for improvement. In one of the next versions I plan to provide several different icons and you will be able to choose the one you like most.

Would you prefer the icon to be more colorful? It would be really helpful if you can describe what you see as a nicer looking live tile and I will do my best to make it happen.

Regards.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
phone4.png

That's the tile of the HTC Flashlight app on my Titan lemonez, don't know if gekkoace means anything as fancy as that though.

Just sharing it, as it may give you some ideas. :)

lemonez

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
LED Flashlight in your language!

Currently the app is only available in English and Bulgarian. Want to help me translate it to your language? Send me a private message and I will give you an Excel file, it should take you no more than 30 minutes. Any language is welcome.

Thanks.

lemonez

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Version 1.2 released!

The new version of LED Flashlight is now available in the marketplace! I hope you'll like it!

As promised, I've added the option to configure the live tile. Five different icons are available and you can also apply some nicely looking background effects. You can change the title of the live tile, for example you can translate it in your own language.

Here is are some examples of what you can do:
507b72d1-2406-4433-9d25-dc563d6c535b

And this is how the configuration page looks like:
fb9eaf2e-a4b8-410a-a2df-0491669c8fa8

Let me know what you think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos