[Free App] Tango Master - Japanese learning app (SRS, dictionary, web browser)

tangomaster

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/5e13e1d5-8a39-e011-854c-00237de2db9e

Nearly a year after being first released to the marketplace, Tango Master has reached version 2.6. Tango Master is an intelligent Japanese language learning and offline dictionary application designed to help you both discover and retain new vocabulary.

Features include
- Flashcards
- Quizzes (SRS)
- Offline dictionary
- Web reader
- Mini games (Shiritori, Rapid Fire, Memory)

Latest version is now 2.8!
- Added backup and restore functionality using SkyDrive.
- A few bug fixes

95abd762-e1b3-4fcc-b5ea-bc383fdcb61d
56767d9f-b30c-4937-b212-205c3e07b46c
13216292-998f-4c41-aa6b-75c454f20972

Feedback is always appreciated. :)

Last edited:

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Ooooh, I don't have plans for learning Japanese for the tine being, but I really like the concept, and the interface looks great!

tanayprasad

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
The app is awesome and best in marketplace!! Keep up the good work. Asking for anything else is going to be too much, but could it be possible to add something like grammar patterns or sample sentences for certain words or phrases. That would help in usage understanding. In any case, you guys did an awesome job!! :smile::excited:

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I second that: sample sentences would be fantastic (search for a word in the dictionary, press enter, tap on one of the results and it shows you sample sentences. The other feature I'd recommend is the ability to pin the dictionary to the start screen to access it directly. Anyway, I've been using this app for awhile. It is excellent.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Ability to pin the dictionary is already there :)

Ha, I see that now that you said it was possible I played around a bit more and found out how to do it. Awesome. Thanks. Now, get on those sample sentences ;) (Just kidding--although, I really do think that sample sentences in Japanese with English translations are the best way to learn so I would love that feature).

tangomaster

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry, I agree. Context is everything. I'd like to keep the size of the app down, so working on standing up a service that will serve the example sentences. Lots to do, but relatively no time. I'm literally able to devote an hour or 2 to this a week.

tanayprasad

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I have been avid user of Tango Master earlier, but this year I actually moved to Japan and I am not using my Windows Phone anymore. Its not even popular here. I know this might sound crazy, but could you also support other OS like iOS or Android. I feel like I am cheating on Windows Phone even writing this.. lol. But, there might be a potential market here for all the Foreigners and people learning Japanese too. The current go to app for iOS is "imiwa?" but its huge. Its 323 MB in size.. Can you please look into this port at least? :(

belvanguyen

Jun 21, 2020
Visit site
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/5e13e1d5-8a39-e011-854c-00237de2db9e

Nearly a year after being first released to the marketplace, Tango Master has reached version 2.6. Tango Master is an intelligent Japanese language learning and offline dictionary application designed to help you both discover and retain new vocabulary.

Features include
- Flashcards
- Quizzes (SRS)
- Offline dictionary
- Web reader
- Mini games (Shiritori, Rapid Fire, Memory)

Latest version is now 2.8!
- Added backup and restore functionality using SkyDrive.
- A few bug fixes

http://catalog.zune.net/v3.2/en-US/...c383fdcb61d?width=1280&height=720&resize=truehttp://catalog.zune.net/v3.2/en-US/...05c3e07b46c?width=1280&height=720&resize=truehttp://catalog.zune.net/v3.2/en-US/...5c454f20972?width=1280&height=720&resize=true

Feedback is always appreciated. :)

Hello Tango Master team,

It's been several years since my last using your fantastic app, as now I'm no longer learning Japanese. I was working on my win-phone today when seeing Tango Master. It brought back many memories to my mind. It was such a helpful e-dictionary during my learning time. It really did support me a lot! I can't love it more and never have I found a better one. I kept introducing it to my friends, despite their refusing to use win-phones, haha.
It's a pity that we are not able to search for the application again in Winphone store. Seems like you have removed it from the platform. My phone now needs a reset, that means afterward I can't re-install it, which makes me feel really sad.
If possible I would really love to see it again one day, either on iOS or Windows. I love the app. It lowkey makes me motivated in studying Japanese again :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintchip