[GAME] Word Miner

akaliel

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
[FREE][GAME] Word Miner

How many words can you spell in a minute?

This is for anyone who enjoys scrabble, scramble, boggle or any kind of word puzzle games.

In Word Miner you have 60 seconds to spell as many words as you can on a board that’s 5 tiles high and 5 tiles wide, using only the letters available to you. Words can be spelled horizontally and vertically.

When the game is over you will be scored on every correct word that's at least 3 letters long. Bonus points are awarded for words that are 4 and 5 letters long. You'll receive a gem at the end of the game depending on your score. The higher your score, the better the gem you’ll win!

The gems you win will be displayed on the main screen (up to 100). You can play with them using your phone's tilt sensors!

1f469644-0c53-43ca-9bfd-f277ed7f77d7

3870bc34-7e31-495e-8dd5-c568bd61f019

eb1220e9-8e90-4431-b63a-ceca166ac155

Last edited:

akaliel

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Mathew! This was my first game so I was nervous how the community would accept it. Between Angry Birds and Zynga copying every good idea there isn't much room for the rest of us. I'm happy u like it and I think i have you to thank for that strange increase in impressions I had this afternoon. If only I could find 100,000 other Mathews!

I'm interested to hear about any additions or changes you or anyone else would like made to this little game. I have an update coming out soon which fixes an issue with the ad control being too small and not rotating to another ad. But after that I'm going to be putting together some ideas to enhance it a bit.

Oh, my high score is 442 :)

Last edited:

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
How interesting~ I like clumping words together in Scabble. Okay, tried it out, and I like it :D I also really like that the gems obtained are on the front page of the app, and that they can be moved around by tilting the phone. Ah, I should review it!

akaliel

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
How interesting~ I like clumping words together in Scabble. Okay, tried it out, and I like it :D I also really like that the gems obtained are on the front page of the app, and that they can be moved around by tilting the phone. Ah, I should review it!
Thanks SolunaKitty, and for the review you gave me!!! Visibility is hard with the Xbox Live devs getting priority on the featured pages. My update got approved so today or tomorrow it should hit the marketplace. I used the small ad and I was only getting 1 ad impression everytime someone played the game, it never rotated. So I had 92 downloads of the game first day, and I made 3 cents in revenue. :mad: Hopefully the larger ad (don't worry I still keep it raised on the main menu so u can see the gems in the bottom of the screen, it's just wider, that's all), but hopefully this will improve impressions a bit. I'm the anomoly, everyone else makes way more money in the free version from ad revenue. I'm making 9 times more money from the paid version b/c of my ad bug lol.

Anyway, if u have any suggestions on how to improve things or what you'd like to see changed or added I'd be happy to hear suggestions. I'm preparing a list of changes to make now for a 1.2 update.

Love your alias, btw.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon