jiTalk, Google Talk? client for Windows Phone

jiTalk

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
jiTalk is a Windows Phone 7 Google Talk? client with features that will surprise you.

Built with a fast, reliable and easy to use interface, following the Metro style guidelines. You'll be amazed by its speed, toast notification system and its simplicity.

Our cloud based toast notification system will let you receive incoming instant messages from your contacts even if jiTalk isn't running.

It has unique features such as chat state notifications during the conversation to let you know if your contacts are composing messages and watching the conversation.

Another feature is the ability to see when your contacs are writing you a message. There is also has a range of emoticons to make your conversations more enjoyable.

Visit our website jiTalk Windows Phone IM App to discover all the features of jiTalk.

Twitter: @jitalkim
Email: jiTalk.contact@gmail.com

Regards, Ecris Software.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I got in on the beta they had and to be honest, it was release quality then even before two RC versions. Nice and stable (tried the main alternative on the Marketplace before and it crashed a lot). Pretty smooth and "metro" interface too. Not sure what they offer in the try vs buy on the final, I grabbed it today when I saw an update on Twitter about it going final.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
This is the main reason that I want to switch to WP. on Android, I can't live without "Talk", and now jiTalk really pulls through with an amazing app from what I've seen on their site. @-@ Just waiting for a decent handset to come out on Verizon.

mmaestro

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with this app this morning? I'm getting a crash the moment I start it up. Uninstalled and reinstalled, entered credentials, same deal. I assume a server side problem, but obviously don't know for sure, and have emailed the devs. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing the same thing today?

update:
Just heard back from the dev. This is what he said:
This issue has already been reported and is currently being worked on. The problem has appeared this morning (around 7:00 UTC).

It seems it's a problem from Google, but we are not sure yet. In case the problem comes from us, we will release an update as soon as possible.

We are very sorry for the inconveniences. Thanks for your feedback.

Last edited:

mmaestro

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Must be Google. Octrotalk is broken too. Absolutely maddening to have service providers break third party APIs, but for Google to do so is particularly galling given the pretense they like to give of being open.

kalex

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Could also be related to undocumented api access by developers. Google might have tweaked it a bit and broken something. I'm using Trillian on mac desktop and google talk seems fine on it. Haven't tried it on jtalk yet.

mmaestro

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Well, interestingly on OctroTalk, everything works fine until you try to start a new conversation (continuing to send messages in existing conversations is fine, it's only a new conversation that breaks the app). I'm guessing the JiTalk issue is to do with how the handle logging into Google.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
im+ is working fine with google chat. i just did a test chat, worked no problem, toast notification was instant, etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos