Pocket Meme suggestions

RogueCode

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. This thread is about my app, Pocket Meme: http://www.windowscentral.com/pocket-meme-now-available-marketplace
If you haven't tried it out, I would appreciate if you did.

I would like to get some feedback from all of you about the app. What do you like, what do you hate, what suggestions do you have?

Currently I am focusing on 3 main things:
-Speed. Although it is already fast, I am putting all the data in the cloud on Microsoft Azure, to give it a big speed boost. Not only does this mean load times will be less, it also will use less data (if you have a 3G limit), plus some processing is done on Azure instead of the phone, which will technically mean less battery usage.

-LiveTiles. This was planned from the beginning but I published without it. They will be quite customizable, but suggestions are welcome so I know what you want.

-Meme Creation. Someone commented on the article that there are better free apps. The reason given was that my app could not create memes. I did not realize people would request this so did not initially comment. But if people want it then of purse I will add it.

Of those three things, I am about 80% done on the Azure infrastructure and 60% done on the meme creation.
I hope to publish an update sometime this coming week which will have those two things.

So please tell me what would make it the perfect app for you. I want it to be the best.

Edit: Just for interest sake, since that article, you guys have viewed 200'000 memes :D

Last edited:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Besides being able to create own memes I would really like to have an additional pivot for favorites. These could offer quick access to those memes I frequent the most so I wouldn't always have to scroll down the entire list to find the ones I like. Maybe that pivot could have a special folder where single memes which have been marked as favorites would go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster