[APP] AppVegas, a new marketplace browser/app finder!

SelesGames

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

We released a new app just a couple days ago, it's called "AppVegas" and it is a fun way to find apps and games for Windows Phone. The idea for the app was inspired by UrbanSpoon on the iPhone (for those who haven't used it, UrbanSpoon uses a slot machine interface to find local restaurants). We've *coughstolencough* that concept and used it for finding WP apps and games - a more noble cause if you ask us! Please try it out and let us know what you think!

Download link: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appId=bf68cdb0-647d-4ec3-8285-43247567e681

540191_401290516571758_157166034317542_1271046_885939300_n.jpg

The link above is for the free version. If you find that you enjoy the app, there is a paid version as well (the link for that is in the app itself).

Thank you for your time!

Seles Games

RogueCode

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Looks pretty great!
Going to try it out now - my first comment though would be to do away with the iPhone spinner, and use a metro one.

SelesGames

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Looks pretty great!
Going to try it out now - my first comment though would be to do away with the iPhone spinner, and use a metro one.

Thanks for the feedback RogueCode!

Keep in mind that the Metro design philosophy is about removing unnecessary chrome. That is why if you have a book collection app for WP7, instead of making it look like an actual physical bookcase the way iOS does, you would simply have a list of the book covers.

The slot wheels in those screenshots are actually slot wheels, and that is why they look that way. If they were merely a way to pick an item out of a list, they would not look like that :)

Hope that explanation helps, and also hope you are enjoying the app!

-Seles Games

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that the rest of the interface is Metro and flat. Because of that, the slot design is out of place. If you desire to emulate a slot machine, I say go all-in and do it justice. It's not a great idea to shoehorn a design concept on halfway.

I was a beta tester, but the official release appears to be unavailable in Australia. Do you have plans on releasing it here any time soon?

SelesGames

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
It has definitely been released worldwide. Is it not showing up when searching for either "AppVegas" or "Seles Games" in the marketplace?

Btw, definitely remember your email - you were the only person amongst the beta testers who objected to the slot machine's visual design :)

Perhaps in the future we can offer 2 different looks selectable via a settings screen!

-Seles Games

Last edited:

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey Seles Games, great app as I used it a few times and found a couple of good apps. Keep up the good work!

Some off-topic: Are you going to make a ad-free paid version of the Windows Phones News app?

SelesGames

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey Seles Games, great app as I used it a few times and found a couple of good apps. Keep up the good work!

Some off-topic: Are you going to make a ad-free paid version of the Windows Phones News app?

Hi htom, thank you for the kind words! Hope you keep enjoying it :)

For WP News, the demand is a lot higher for a free version than paid, so for now we will only have the 1 version.

Btw, if you tap on any ad in WP News, it removes ads for the remainder of your session, so at least it gives you a way to "virtually" go ad-free.

-Seles Games

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Ah, it's showing up now! Must have just taken a bit longer to roll out down under.

Btw, definitely remember your email - you were the only person amongst the beta testers who objected to the slot machine's visual design :)

Perhaps in the future we can offer 2 different looks selectable via a settings screen!
Would love that option, thanks for catering to the minorities. I remember when you altered the way Weave processed RSS because one of my feeds was incompatible, you guys are great.

SelesGames

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ah, it's showing up now! Must have just taken a bit longer to roll out down under.

Would love that option, thanks for catering to the minorities. I remember when you altered the way Weave processed RSS because one of my feeds was incompatible, you guys are great.

Thank you for the kind words irlju! We definitely try to make our apps have as many good features as possible, time permitting, and we value feedback because that's how we learn how to improve our apps.

-Seles Games

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss