MetroTalk: New Google Voice client is now available!

zekerrific

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I just installed this app and so far I like it a lot. I'll keep the trial version on for a few days to make sure it continues to work well. If so, I will happily buy the app.

So far, I have found it to have a cleaner interface than GoVoice. I am hoping it will also store my password better than GoVoice, which asks me to re-login about once a week.

Thank you for developing this app!

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I would like to try it, but I am having a hard time setting up the push notifications. I get to the part about creating a filter, and the custom email address for forwarding never appears in the drop down box.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I would like to try it, but I am having a hard time setting up the push notifications. I get to the part about creating a filter, and the custom email address for forwarding never appears in the drop down box.
Thank for trying the app :)

Can you please send an email at support@metrotalk-windowsphone.com, with your Google Voice email address and your forwarding address? Also, in case you are using MetroTalk Free, I suggest switching to the trial version of MetroTalk. The two are identical, but the former is stuck at 1.3 (pending approval), whereas the latter is at 1.4.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I just installed this app and so far I like it a lot. I'll keep the trial version on for a few days to make sure it continues to work well. If so, I will happily buy the app.

So far, I have found it to have a cleaner interface than GoVoice. I am hoping it will also store my password better than GoVoice, which asks me to re-login about once a week.

Thank you for developing this app!

I would be shocked if you run into that kind of problem :) Thanks for trying the app, and feel free to email me if you have any problems or feedback.

anon(5316299)

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
No reason to apologize, and thanks for trying my app :) MetroTalk shouldn't present you a login screen ever, besides the first time you install and launch the app. Logging in again after the app is kicked from fast switch is unavoidable, but this should happen completely transparently in the background. If this doesn't seem to be the case for you, I would be very interested to know.

In fact, it was freetalk that required the manual login after being kicked from fast switch. I do have one feature request though...would you consider adding the ability to use google's shadow numbers, instead of the general access number? I've been collecting these shadow numbers and adding them to my contacts, so I can dial people directly without having to use a google voice app.

Thanks again for a great app, and your patience...

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Thank for trying the app :)

Can you please send an email at support@metrotalk-windowsphone.com, with your Google Voice email address and your forwarding address? Also, in case you are using MetroTalk Free, I suggest switching to the trial version of MetroTalk. The two are identical, but the former is stuck at 1.3 (pending approval), whereas the latter is at 1.4.

Thank you for the fast reply! I started over and got a new id+ number, and it verified instantly. I think I am good to go now. In fact, I just tested with a couple calls, and I am impressed. My biggest problem with your competitor was the lag - I didn't feel like I could use it as a dialer replacement and not be annoyed all the time. Also, people would call me, and report that the phone rang on their side upwards of 7 times before I heard a single ring. Last, the notifications were very spotty. I'm not seeing this with Metrotalk, and I just upgraded to the paid version. Thank you for your efforts.

zekerrific

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Push notifications don't seem to be working for me. I also sent an email. It could be user error, although I've checked my settings several times.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Apoelin - I'm giving your app a try as I've never really been happy with govoice. If I like it I'll definitely buy it to support your hard effort in making my window's phone more functional! Thank you!

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Apoelin - I'm giving your app a try as I've never really been happy with govoice. If I like it I'll definitely buy it to support your hard effort in making my window's phone more functional! Thank you!
That's great to hear :) Just an FYI: v2.0 is right around the corner, with an extensive changelog. This includes both new features, and performance improvements. Keep an eye out for it :)

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to see your text message conversations (and who sent you the text) from within the app?

Edit: Never mind, I see it now.

Last edited:

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to mention I'm testing the 2.4 beta version, and this app is now even more amazing!!! Clearly the best Gvoice client on WP.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to mention I'm testing the 2.4 beta version, and this app is now even more amazing!!! Clearly the best Gvoice client on WP.

Thanks for the support! Honestly, this kind of comments is what gives the motivation for continuing development :)

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Is the update out yet?

Unfortunately no. The good news is that the update was submitted to Microsoft more than a week ago. The bad news is that whereas the approval process usually takes 5 business days, it?s now been held indefinitely, because of a Marketplace bug. You can read more about it here if you like: Microsoft details ongoing Marketplace errors for some Windows Phone users | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

There isn?t much I can do, other than wait until Microsoft sorts this out; this is completely out of my control.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
The current version is working great, so it's all good. :D

I added a new phone number to my Google Voice account, but I do not see in under call settings. Is there a way to refresh the available phones in my account?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)