I recently added my offline dictionary app, HoshiDict, to the Windows Marketplace. HoshiDict provides the ability to quickly look up words in various languages even while not connected to the Internet using a streamlined user interface.

Those of you familiar with HoshiDict for webOS will know that the user interface is very responsive and designed to allow the user to search for entries very quickly. Along these lines, I designed the Windows Phone version of HoshiDict with a streamlined user interface as the priority.

Instead of having to manually load StarDict dictionary files onto the phone (like the webOS version), the Windows Phone version uses an online server to search for and download dictionaries from. After the dictionaries have been downloaded, no internet connection is required to use the dictionaries.

As of now, there are dictionaries available in 9 languages (see the Windows Phone Marketplace page at http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...1-4bb525951377 for the list of languages). If anyone would like support for a language that is not yet supported, drop me a message and I'll work on adding support for that language.

Please let me know how you like HoshiDict or if you have any questions or comments.
    Last edited by theomodsim; 05-16-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    05-01-2012 08:22 PM
    I created a YouTube video demoing the app:
    05-16-2012 05:42 PM
    A 7-day trial mode has been added to HoshiDict, so you can see whether or not the app fits your needs before buying.
    05-28-2012 10:25 AM
    As of today, Chinese-English and English-Chinese dictionaries are now available for use with the application.
    06-16-2012 09:09 AM