Money Wallet - simple and useful personal finance assistant

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I remember previously, when you do not confirm a transaction it would not be reflected on the home screen.

But now, i make transaction and it is not confirmed but it is still deducted from balance.. i want it to be deducted when i confirm it.

I am pretty sure there used to be a part saying "unconfirmed balance"

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I remember previously, when you do not confirm a transaction it would not be reflected on the home screen.

But now, i make transaction and it is not confirmed but it is still deducted from balance.. i want it to be deducted when i confirm it.

I'm working on this, but fix will be in version 2.7 because 2.6 is already on the certification and I don't want to delay this release any more.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Thanks. I've noticed another problem. Seems to be more of a security issue.

I have the "quick transaction method" pinned to my home screen. If someone has my phone and hit that tile, the screen will come up to make a transaction. While on that screen, if they press "Account" , they will see all my accounts and all my funds. Was this intentional? Kind of defeats the purpose of having a PIN on the app it self, when they can get access to the very information you are trying to protect even easier.

Maybe a prompt for your pin as well when you select the quick transaction tile?

What do you think?

With regard to the quick transaction tile as well; to me , it would also be nice if after you hit save and get the notification that the transaction has been complete, that after you "ok" , the screen closes, instead of then having to hit the back key again to get out of the screen.

Is this possible?

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Update 2.6 was released. Main changes: Yahoo Finance as a currency service, displaying payment notes in list of transactions, ability to change date format for transactions, new icons and other minor fixes.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Update 2.6 was released. Main changes: Yahoo Finance as a currency service, displaying payment notes in list of transactions, ability to change date format for transactions, new icons and other minor fixes.

Love the the payment notes in lists of transactions :D

Would it be possible to have the execute transaction button (???????? ??????????? ???????? — FastPic) on the home page?

It would be nice to have the option to execute a scheduled transaction right away after the app is open rather than having to scroll across 4 pages to get to it.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I realised what my problem with this is. I have four accounts in Money wallet. In three of these accounts , when I open it, i can see "Balance", "Confirmed Balance" and "Account currency"

In the third one, all I see is "Balance" and "Account Directory". Where is the "confirmed balance" ?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Automatic update should be a little more configurable so that I can set when I want it to backup, whether it be daily, monthly, etc.

As it is right now, its very annoying .

Tim Weis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Back in the day I was using Money on my trusty Psion 5. It was an excellent device and a remarkable piece of software. Ever since I have been looking for a replacement and this app comes pretty close. There are a few issues, though:
When setting up a credit card account, confirming an initial negative balance will turn that into a positive. Since I just set this up I was able to work around it by setting it to -0,01 and sneaking the missing cent out of my wallet.
Also, duplicating a scheduled split transaction will lose all split information.
Plus, long presses seem to take really looong. This doesn't seem to be the regular system timing and it does get in the way on occasion.

While I'm at it, here are also a few suggestions / feature requests:
Filtering the history, like "show only unconfirmed transactions", etc.
Support for custom reports. It seems like the reports are highly customizable, but there doesn't seem to be a way to save report templates.
And the killer feature would be the ability to split transactions not only across categories, but also across accounts. This would make it possible to deal with VAT properly.

I hope I didn't request any features that are already there and I simply didn't find. And in case I wasn't clear about that earlier: I very much like this app and it looks like I will be using it for quite some time to come. Thanks.

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Back in the day I was using Money on my trusty Psion 5. It was an excellent device and a remarkable piece of software. Ever since I have been looking for a replacement and this app comes pretty close. There are a few issues, though:
When setting up a credit card account, confirming an initial negative balance will turn that into a positive. Since I just set this up I was able to work around it by setting it to -0,01 and sneaking the missing cent out of my wallet.
Also, duplicating a scheduled split transaction will lose all split information.
Plus, long presses seem to take really looong. This doesn't seem to be the regular system timing and it does get in the way on occasion.

While I'm at it, here are also a few suggestions / feature requests:
Filtering the history, like "show only unconfirmed transactions", etc.
Support for custom reports. It seems like the reports are highly customizable, but there doesn't seem to be a way to save report templates.
And the killer feature would be the ability to split transactions not only across categories, but also across accounts. This would make it possible to deal with VAT properly.

I hope I didn't request any features that are already there and I simply didn't find. And in case I wasn't clear about that earlier: I very much like this app and it looks like I will be using it for quite some time to come. Thanks.
1. Negative and positive value for initial balance: cannot reproduce. If you entering positive value, app will create account with positive balance; if you will enter negative value (press "+/-" button), app will create account with negative balance.
2. Error with duplicating of scheduled transactions will be fixed in next update.
3. I'll investigate long tab.
4. Filtering in the history: I'll think about it
5. Custom reports: user HAVE an ability to save templates: open application bar and you will see additional options like "save new report"
6. Support for accounts in splits: well, it's a problem. First of all, I think it's not so necessary, because in common case VAT is another line in the receipt. Event when you taking cash from your credit card, later in statement you'll find 2 records: one for cash, another for price to take cash from credit card. Later I'm going to add feature to add another transaction automatically, if you taking cash from credit cards.
Anyway, thank you for detailed report

Last edited:

JK HearMeRoar

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
Great app, I bought it recently and I'm really glad I did.

Here are a few suggestions how to further improve this app:
1) Transaction template - some transactions are really repetitive and this could make my life easier :) - I know I can just duplicate them, but this seems like a usable feature
2) Search transactions also by amount - I think it should not be that hard to implement and could be quite useful
3) Tim Weis has a point (previous two posts) with the long press (tab) - it is quite annoying. I usually just want to see details of the transaction so "Transaction Details" button (nice little magnifying glass) might be a good idea.
4) Split transactions & Auto correct amount - Turning off Auto correct only works in payment section. Splits are always corrected no matter what. It bugs me, but maybe I'm the only one that uses Accounts with accounting logic :) (app version 2.6.32.1633 under WP8)
5) I would welcome the option to choose not to use payment number (at all) as I often tap the "#" by accident when inserting new transaction.
6) Ability to check multiple transactions and then decide on action. (confirm and delete would be a good start) - I like the way default email client on WP8 handles this (checkboxes are visible only after you tap left corner of an item - or - turning on checkboxes from bottom menu)
7) Ability to order transactions - let me give you an example: cash account - multiple transactions in one day - incomes and expences. I cannot order them and that is ocasionally causing negative balance

Good luck and keep up the good work ;)

Tim Weis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
1. Negative and positive value for initial balance: cannot reproduce. If you entering positive value, app will create account with positive balance; if you will enter negative value (press "+/-" button), app will create account with negative balance.
2. Error with duplicating of scheduled transactions will be fixed in next update.
3. I'll investigate long tab.
4. Filtering in the history: I'll think about it
5. Custom reports: user HAVE an ability to save templates: open application bar and you will see additional options like "save new report"
6. Support for accounts in splits: well, it's a problem. First of all, I think it's not so necessary, because in common case VAT is another line in the receipt. Event when you taking cash from your credit card, later in statement you'll find 2 records: one for cash, another for price to take cash from credit card. Later I'm going to add feature to add another transaction automatically, if you taking cash from credit cards.
Anyway, thank you for detailed report

Thanks for the quick reply. I was a bit in a fit yesterday, trying to use this website from my mobile phone turned out to be a bit of a hassle. Things may not have come across as I intended.
1. I can reproduce this, using the latest official version (2.6.32.1633): Using default settings, create a credit card account, enter a (negative) opening balance. Now go to history, long press on the Opening Balance transaction and select Confirm. The Opening Balance turns from a red arrow pointing down to a green arrow pointing up, the amount shows up as a positive value, and - if set up - the credit limit is increased. I probably won't need this in the future, but still hope that the information provided is helpful to you. (On a side note, I cannot create a credit card account with an Opening Balance of 0.00. Is there a reason for that or is it an oversight?)
2. Thanks.
3. Great!
4. Again, thanks.
5. I was blind. I sort of new it. To my defense, the command is not exactly easy to find. I had been looking around for a bit; the Standard heading on the reports tab should have given it away. Oh well, thanks for pointing me to it.
6. I wasn't really clear on what I was after: When I bill customers my invoice usually contains VAT. So when I get my money I wind up having VAT on my bank account that is not mine to keep. For this scenario it would be helpful to split the transaction across two accounts: My bank account and a (virtual) VAT-account. Right now I have to create two separate transactions to model this event.

I hope this clarified things. Thanks again for the app, it is really, really helpful as it is already.

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey, Great app, I bought it recently and I'm really glad I did.Here are a few suggestions how to further improve this app:1) Transaction template - some transactions are really repetitive and this could make my life easier :) - I know I can just duplicate them, but this seems like a usable feature2) Search transactions also by amount - I think it should not be that hard to implement and could be quite useful3) Tim Weis has a point (previous two posts) with the long press (tab) - it is quite annoying. I usually just want to see details of the transaction so "Transaction Details" button (nice little magnifying glass) might be a good idea.4) Split transactions & Auto correct amount - Turning off Auto correct only works in payment section. Splits are always corrected no matter what. It bugs me, but maybe I'm the only one that uses Accounts with accounting logic :) (app version 2.6.32.1633 under WP8)5) I would welcome the option to choose not to use payment number (at all) as I often tap the "#" by accident when inserting new transaction.6) Ability to check multiple transactions and then decide on action. (confirm and delete would be a good start) - I like the way default email client on WP8 handles this (checkboxes are visible only after you tap left corner of an item - or - turning on checkboxes from bottom menu)7) Ability to order transactions - let me give you an example: cash account - multiple transactions in one day - incomes and expences. I cannot order them and that is ocasionally causing negative balanceGood luck and keep up the good work ;)

1) I'm working on new chapter in settings: Quick transactions. There you'll be able to create new tiles that will start quick input mode with predefined fields values.
2) Currently I don't know how to do that. This will need redesign of the search mode, but I have no ideas about that.
3) I have some ideas to show a page with details about payment when tapping on it in the list of transactions.
4) Found a bug, I'll fix it in the next update.
5) So you suggesting to remove this field at all or fill it automatically?
6) Good idea, I'll add it to "wish list"
7) Same as previous

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss