Money Wallet - simple and useful personal finance assistant

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I was a bit in a fit yesterday, trying to use this website from my mobile phone turned out to be a bit of a hassle. Things may not have come across as I intended.
1. I can reproduce this, using the latest official version (2.6.32.1633): Using default settings, create a credit card account, enter a (negative) opening balance. Now go to history, long press on the Opening Balance transaction and select Confirm. The Opening Balance turns from a red arrow pointing down to a green arrow pointing up, the amount shows up as a positive value, and - if set up - the credit limit is increased. I probably won't need this in the future, but still hope that the information provided is helpful to you. (On a side note, I cannot create a credit card account with an Opening Balance of 0.00. Is there a reason for that or is it an oversight?)
2. Thanks.
3. Great!
4. Again, thanks.
5. I was blind. I sort of new it. To my defense, the command is not exactly easy to find. I had been looking around for a bit; the Standard heading on the reports tab should have given it away. Oh well, thanks for pointing me to it.
6. I wasn't really clear on what I was after: When I bill customers my invoice usually contains VAT. So when I get my money I wind up having VAT on my bank account that is not mine to keep. For this scenario it would be helpful to split the transaction across two accounts: My bank account and a (virtual) VAT-account. Right now I have to create two separate transactions to model this event.

I hope this clarified things. Thanks again for the app, it is really, really helpful as it is already.

1. I'll investigate that.
6. Well, I need to think about it

Arseniy Sizov

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
A very disaapointing bug: the loss pie chart report does not sum subcategories for each first level catogory. What is the point of subcategories then?? Very disappointing..
For another PnL report the category filter just does not work (it does not save).
Do you test your software?...

erwine

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I am in no way linked to the author of this excellent app, but for me, you are way to harsh. This app is extremeley well done. Everything except this minor bug works extremely reliably. I was looking for a financial app of this quality for years without finding it. It's really very very much for little money.

Thanks once more to the authors of this app.

A very disaapointing bug: the loss pie chart report does not sum subcategories for each first level catogory. What is the point of subcategories then?? Very disappointing..
For another PnL report the category filter just does not work (it does not save).

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm not agree that this is a bug. Because pie chart will be wrong if each category will contain amount of it's sub-categories. But I'll think about this problem, maybe I'll add an option to show charts including sub-categories and not.
Any way, thank you for reply.

kelljay

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've been using Money Wallet for 4 months and I think it's a great app - one that meets most of my mobile personal financing needs. Prior to this, I was using PocketMoney for iOS for 3 years. One feature I miss from PocketMoney is the ability to sync across multiple devices. I carry 2 phones (both WP) with Money Wallet installed on both. What I would love to be able to do is enter a transaction on one phone and see the same entry being updated on the other phone automatically. Right now, I'm relying on the Skydrive backup & restore functions to keep my accounts synced (which works well) but I was hoping for a more automated, seamless experience. I'd be happy to pay for this functionality as well, of course. How possible is this?

Nevertheless, I think you're doing a fantastic job so far with the app. Keep it up and I look forward to future updates!

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi.
I'm sorry, I've missed this post. Currently there is some progress with task to synchronize data between several devices, but it still is in progress.

Now about 2.7 update! I've updated first post with changelog. Also you can find it on the application facebook page. Later I'll post short articles on the Facebook about new features and major changes in this update.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to add time stamps to transaction history?

Also, no longer seeing scheduled tasks on home screen. So have to open the app and keep scrolling across.

I also remember you saying that you were going to make schedules tasks more interactable from the home screen. eg. executing the tasks from the home screen.

Also, any plays for scheduled tasks to automatically execute on the specific day?

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to add time stamps to transaction history?

Also, no longer seeing scheduled tasks on home screen. So have to open the app and keep scrolling across.

I also remember you saying that you were going to make schedules tasks more interactable from the home screen. eg. executing the tasks from the home screen.

Also, any plays for scheduled tasks to automatically execute on the specific day?
1. There is support for time stamps for transactions, but time selection is not implemented. Currently, when you adding new transaction or changing it's date, transaction is saving with current time.
2. Hmmm. It's some bug. Scheduled transactions should be visible on the back tile.
3. Yes, I'm sorry for it have not implemented yet. Some times I can forgot about some feature requests, but some time there is no time to implement one or another feature. I'll try to do it in next release.
4. I have this option in "wishes list" but this task have no priority.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
1. There is support for time stamps for transactions, but time selection is not implemented. Currently, when you adding new transaction or changing it's date, transaction is saving with current time.
2. Hmmm. It's some bug. Scheduled transactions should be visible on the back tile.
3. Yes, I'm sorry for it have not implemented yet. Some times I can forgot about some feature requests, but some time there is no time to implement one or another feature. I'll try to do it in next release.
4. I have this option in "wishes list" but this task have no priority.

Thanks.
How about a section for account number in the account details?

We can put photo, account name, currency, but no account number? :(

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I thought that "Notes" is enough

I guess you would mean "description"

Also, with respect to my earlier question about the time stamps. The reason I asked is because sometimes I put in transactions the day after and while yes, I can change the date, it will not be at the correct order

Unless there is somehow I can move transactions up and down? Rearrange them?

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I guess you would mean "description"

Also, with respect to my earlier question about the time stamps. The reason I asked is because sometimes I put in transactions the day after and while yes, I can change the date, it will not be at the correct order

Unless there is somehow I can move transactions up and down? Rearrange them?
Currently - no. I'm investigating how can I change transaction-input page, depends on transaction type (payment, transfer, loan, borrow, etc.). After that it will be possible to somehow change time stamp. Actually, I want to create custom date picker looks like calendar and in it add some button to set time stamp

erwine

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I really love this excellent app which is constantly improving. I do have a wish: The representation of data in table form is excellent, the representation in the form of diagrams may still be improved. If I want to have my report shown in the form of a diagram, categories and subcategories are mixed up. In one report, I have income from three different sources: the first two sources are linked to only one professional acitivity, the third source are spitl up into five different activities, like analysis, training etc. In a table, the sums for all three sources are displayed properly, in the diagram, the third source is not shown as a unit but as 5 different subcategories. I do believe that it would be better to display only categories of the same level in diagrams, so show the sum of all incomes of source 1, the sum of all incomes of source 2 and only the sum of all incomes of source 3. Would this be possible?

Regards,

Erwin

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi.
I agree with you about reports at all. Maybe this is all because I almost don't use then. That's why I need user requests to improve them. I already have such email from other customer and my suggestion is to add an option to report that will avoid splitting categories. This means that in one case you will see only root categories in report, otherwise all categories will be expanded. By default user will have first option. What do you think?

Ed80Wilson

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Just purchased the app.. Unable to figure out how to do a transfer btwn the accounts.. N how to set a recurring one at that.. greatly appreciate any help

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
1. To make transfer select main account, when select other account in Category field (list of current accounts is in the bottom of the categories). Then sign of the amount will define direction of the transfer: with negative amount you will got transfer from main account to account selected in category, with positive amount you will get transfer from account selected in category to main account. By the way, direction of the transfer is displaying in Category field and updating when you changing amount
2. You can add scheduled transaction from tap "schedule" on the main page. To change recurring (in page when you adding/editing new scheduled transaction) swipe to the left or two times to the right, you'll see tap "recurring"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6