Money Wallet - simple and useful personal finance assistant

erwine

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

there is unfortunately an ennoying bug in the new version 2.8: former main categories are suddenly treated as sub categories of the first main category, so tables and diagrams are showing wrong results. If I cancel 'show subcategories', only the first main category is shown in reports and diagrams.

Best,

Erwin

erwine

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Today's update also shows a similar bug. In reports, only one main category shows up, the others seem to be disappeared.

Best

Erwin

erwine

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I did it, but the other main categories disappered nevertheless. There is only one main category appearing now in reports.

Best,

Erwin

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
By default in Categories Reports application is processing all categories but shows only roots. If you want to view subcategories data in this reports use "Show subcategories" option in report settings. Categories (root or not) with zero amount does not displaying in report unless they have subcategories with non-zero amount

erwine

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
The main categories disappearing I wrote about all have subcategories with plenty of entries with non-zero amount. Till this update, everything worked perfectly with this excellent piece of software. Now reports are nearly unusable.

erwine

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I would prefer not to do it, but I can give you a detailed description:
I have 4 accounts (e.g. mine and that of my wife) for earning and spending. In addition, I have a couple of main categories, like earnings from language teaching, from IT, from consulting etc. If I do not any filtering, all my entries are shown in the reports. But if I do any filtering, the outcome cannot be predicted. E.g. If I exclude the account of my wife, nearly all of my own earnings and spending disappear. There are many other similiar strange behaviours. It seems to me that the links between accounts, main and subcategories are completely mixed up.

It's really a pity, it's otherwise one of the best pieces of software for Windows Phone which is nearly unusable now due to not working reports. I wished I could return to the next-to-previous version.

Last edited:

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I can suggest you to try Beta version to check wherever this error was fixed because update will not appears in closest few weeks

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I have bought your app since 2012. Always loved it.

Recently I decided to delete my database and start afresh. I set back up my schedule transactions. its showing in the confirmed balance but it's not showing in the balance and I don't understand.. I've attached some screen shots below.

You can clearly see the transaction being confirmed which is transferred from another account. The confirmed balance increases but the "balance" does not. Why?

The transaction that says "salary" was actually the opening balance. I deleted it and recreated it to see if it would make a difference.

wp_ss_20140729_0002.pngwp_ss_20140729_0003.png

Now here is the account the $1500 came from. You can see it's deducted in confirmed balance, but not in "balance" . it's not affected. why?

wp_ss_20140729_0004.pngwp_ss_20140729_0005.png

vunder

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi
Seams that because of errors in the earlier versions current account balance is wrong. But you may force app to refresh them. To do that got to the account details and make long tap (tap and hold) on the account balance value. Application will recalculate it

Fabryhorus

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi Vunder, I really appreciate your application I use with satisfaction from a couple of years; now that you've enabled the sync between different device I would be very interesting to take advantage of the application running on desktop or even on Windows RT (I have a Surface 2). Is there any chance that you create also applications for these platforms? Thanks and congratulations for your work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo