[Free App] Track my Life - Find out where you spend your life

adr

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

a friend of mine recommended me to post my app in this forum. He got lot's of feedback and improvement suggestions. My app is free and I would appreciate any feedback or ciritc.

Track my Life shows you where you spend your life. It answers questions like "How much time do I spend at home?", "How long am I at work?" and "How much time do I spend on my way to work?".

The magic happens 100% in background. You do not have to open the app and tell that there's a new location.

Let me show you some screenshots:
+ Home
77d8f143-f869-4981-bb81-729e3cf11e12

The homepage shows an overview of where you've been. The size of each pin represents how long you've stayed at the location. The lines correspond to the way you've put back.

+ Pin detail view
242abe73-4476-4117-8e7d-cc472f9695dc

The pin detail view shows the name of the city the pin is related to and how long you've been there.

+ Statistics
b78e6e92-ab5a-43b2-80cd-92d0276f9f3b

The statistics view shows you how many kilometers you've put back past 24 hours, past week, past month and since you've downloaded the app.
In addition it gives information about how many cities you've been in and where you stayed mostly.

These are the main features of Track my Life.

I want to say a few words about pricing, privacy and energy consumption:
+ Pricing: The app is free because its part of my bachelor thesis and that's enough reward.
+ Privacy: Your data is not transmitted in any kind to me or anyone. It's part of my thesis to determine a way to transmit location data in a way that protects privacy according to german law (very strict in privacy issues). But this feature will come with an update in late 2012 and is not implemented yet. You will then have the ability to turn off location sharing.
+ Energy consumption: The app does not affect energy consumption if you don't keep it open and the light on. If you have a different feeling feel free to contact me.

I wrote the app for Android and iOS, too.

Marketplace link: http://www.windowsphone.com/de-DE/apps/597fc829-74ae-4856-832a-a4daddb73ee8
Website: Track my Life - Find out where you spend your life. App available for iPhone, iPad and Windows Phone. Presented by Ceseros

The development of the app took a lot of time and I would appreciate if you would take a look at it

Best regards
Derek

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
It sounds quite interesting and this is something I would really like to know. Thanks for developing for WP7, too! Downloading as I write.

adr

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
It sounds quite interesting and this is something I would really like to know. Thanks for developing for WP7, too! Downloading as I write.
Hey justop26,

thanks for your feedback.

I actually wrote it for WP7 first. Tested it for a almost a half year and developed the app for iOS and Android in between.
Published iOS and WP7 at the same time but the WP7 app was rejected several times (one time due to violent/mature content???).

Thanks for downloading

If you have any questions feel free to write me :)

Cheers
Derek

mkdr1

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi Derek,

nice app!
One question: Does it run automatically or do I have to do anything ;)

Thanks for writing it for WP7, too!

adr

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

it runs completely automatically in background. You don't have to do a thing.

Have fun with the app ;)

Cheers
Derek

adr

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I got an update last night for Track My Life, is that the one you're referring to?

Only thing I wish is that I could've had it when on my Eurotrip last year.

Great app, Derek. Cheers!

adr

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Version 1.8 featuring Live Tiles and pin renaming should has been accepted by the Marketplace and should ship within 24 hours ;)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720