Ok, so a brief background
    A while ago I downloaded a free/ad-supported app Bloomberg Live from the marketplace to my phone. The app, clearly not the most legal one out there, provides me with complete free access to a live stream of Bloomberg TV. Unfortunately, the app seems to have gotten got pulled (Im guessing for both trademark violation and as it was unofficial/unsanctioned by Bloomberg, who btw still refuses to make an app for WP, boo!).

I still have the app and it works great. Problem is, Im getting set to upgrade device and cant seem to find a way to bring this app with me to my new device. As my device is dev unlocked, ideally Id like to grab the XAP and save it to my PC for future side-loading. Any ideas on how I can do this or any alternative solutions?

I tried one solution I read about somewhere, XGENO, but unfortunately that only works for apps currently live in the marketplace. Also tried looking-up the dev, Patrick Fain (of the app Cartoon TV as well) but cant find any contact info (probably intentional given all his apps seem to have been pulled).

ANY IDEAS???

Thanks!

p.s. I have a dev-unlocked Verizon HTC Trophy.
    06-04-2012 03:49 PM
    Hmmm.... I tend to find stuff that is hard to find. Let me see if I can dig this one up. I would like this too...

Edit: Took me 2 min... :)

Download the attached file, Rename from Zip to XAP and install in your unlocked device.

This website does not support the attachments of XAP files (mods can you fix this ?)

It is the newest version before it was pulled and it does work, I did test it on my fully unlocked Verizon HTC Trophy.
    Last edited by DavidinCT; 06-09-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    06-09-2012 12:33 PM
    Would you be able to track down the Cartoon TV XAP as well? This is an app that I purchased but now can't install on my phone because it's not listed in the marketplace any more.
    07-03-2012 09:49 AM
    Would you be able to track down the Cartoon TV XAP as well? This is an app that I purchased but now can't install on my phone because it's not listed in the marketplace any more.
    Yes, I found it(took about 30 seconds) but, due to not being a free app(the bloomberg was), I can not post it on a public site. I do not support warez or anything like that. I dont think there is a way you can prove to me that you paid for it.

If a Mod posts a reply or a direct PM saying it's ok to post it due to it being unavailable in the marketplace, I will but, with out that, I will not post it or share it due to that fact.

Sorry
    07-03-2012 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD