Nethack for Windows Phone

hemodroid7

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
How will you survive in a so dangerous world?
-nokia-lumia-800-1-4b8a.jpg

>>>>>>>>Marketplace link

Last edited:

schlubadub

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I loved NetHack back in the day. I think I'm strange in that I've always preferred the ASCII version to the graphical remakes over the years. I think you've done really well, but I find the controls a bit cumbersome.

I found it a bit tedious having to switch to Pickup all the time. I would like a setting so that items are automatically picked up when I walk over them. I'd also like an action to see my Inventory instead of going via wear / wield etc.

I also don't really see any value in the 4 boxes showing what I'm wielding or wearing - especially as they're not functional. For example, if I'm wielding a bow I still have to click Action then Fire to shoot it, instead of clicking on the Bow icon.

It would be really good if we could assign our own uses for the squares. i.e. I'd like to assign Pickup (if I can't have auto-Pickup), Search, Open, and Inventory. If I can have auto-Pickup then I would assign Fire. But hey, why not let each person customise what goes into each slot?

hemodroid7

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi schlubadub!

Thx for your comments.

Actually i'm working on the documentation of the game (and there is a lot to do) as it is very disapointing for new players to understand what is going on :)

Once this is done i will get back on improving the gameplay.

Autopickup will surely be added in a future release but you will have to be careful not to step on a loadstone! :D

Knowing what u are wielding is very important when u attack monsters (ever tried to fight a killer bee bare-handed while thinking you were wielding your +4 weapon?)

The third and fourth boxes dont show what you're wearing but what is in your quiver and the last used item.
You can click that last used item slot then click the last action button, so you dont have to open the action menu each time and reselect the action and item.

I know there is still a lot of work to make the controls smoother

I loved NetHack back in the day. I think I'm strange in that I've always preferred the ASCII version to the graphical remakes over the years. I think you've done really well, but I find the controls a bit cumbersome.

I found it a bit tedious having to switch to Pickup all the time. I would like a setting so that items are automatically picked up when I walk over them. I'd also like an action to see my Inventory instead of going via wear / wield etc.

I also don't really see any value in the 4 boxes showing what I'm wielding or wearing - especially as they're not functional. For example, if I'm wielding a bow I still have to click Action then Fire to shoot it, instead of clicking on the Bow icon.

It would be really good if we could assign our own uses for the squares. i.e. I'd like to assign Pickup (if I can't have auto-Pickup), Search, Open, and Inventory. If I can have auto-Pickup then I would assign Fire. But hey, why not let each person customise what goes into each slot?

hemodroid7

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Next update: actions shortcuts

Double tap to pickup
Hold primary weapon slot to wield
Tap primary weapon slot to switch
Tap secondary weapon slot for two-weapons combat
Tap quiver to fire/throw
Hold quiver to load projectiles
Hold last item slot to open iventory
Hold target-self button to open skills list