Paper Shuffle -- changes your wallpaper automatically using your own images

imaginarypocket

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
There's using a single image (which never changes) and then there's using random image providers like Bing (which is, well, random). I personally thought setting random personal photos/wallpaper was something missing from the base OS functionality, so I decided to develop it myself. Feel free to provide any suggestions or feedback for this app! If you feel like a feature is missing, let me know and we can see about getting it coded up.

Note that I've already submitted an update (not posted yet), and it will include new features such as:

• Image cropping
  • Add an entire album at once
  • More hourly frequency settings (every 1, 2, 6, 12 hours)
  • Multi-selection of items (for deletion)
Here's the deep link: Paper Shuffle | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Here's a imgur blog-ish-thing to show some screenshots and the usage (though it's pretty self-explanatory): Paper Shuffle v1.0 - Imgur

Thanks for reading! :)

Last edited:

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I did the try option and did not see how to add an entire album at once. It also seemed to have a problem with landscape files or files that it said were too large and needed to be edited before use. IMO, the app should self-center-crop landscape images or allow you to set the viewable area individually once they are added and also downsample images that it deems too large.

If it hassles me about each picture I try to choose, it will quickly get uninstalled.

I love the concept, but it needs a bit of work on these items for me to use it.

I hope the feedback helps. Looking forward to updates.

imaginarypocket

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I did the try option and did not see how to add an entire album at once.
In my OP, I mention that "adding an entire album" is coming in an update. I submitted this app last week and it only *now* got published, so there have been changes I've made since then. This feature will be available soon! :) I'll edit my post to make it clearer that it's not available yet.

It also seemed to have a problem with landscape files or files that it said were too large and needed to be edited before use. IMO, the app should self-center-crop landscape images or allow you to set the viewable area individually once they are added and also downsample images that it deems too large.
This is coming in the next update too. (Once again, in my OP I mention that cropping is coming.)

Thanks for the feedback!

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
In my OP, I mention that "adding an entire album" is coming in an update. I submitted this app last week and it only *now* got published, so there have been changes I've made since then. This feature will be available soon! :) I'll edit my post to make it clearer that it's not available yet.

This is coming in the next update too. (Once again, in my OP I mention that cropping is coming.)

Thanks for the feedback!
Reading fail on my part...I only skimmed the OP.

Gain, will be waiting for the update so I can just add Favorites to the list (isn't a folder, but hoping it is an option)

imaginarypocket

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Reading fail on my part...I only skimmed the OP.

Gain, will be waiting for the update so I can just add Favorites to the list (isn't a folder, but hoping it is an option)
Np, I do that all the time ;) Unfortunately adding Favorites at once isn't an option. I personally never use this feature of the photos hub so I must admit I didn't even think about it during development. I'll look into it today on getting it added. Thanks for the heads up.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Np, I do that all the time ;) Unfortunately adding Favorites at once isn't an option. I personally never use this feature of the photos hub so I must admit I didn't even think about it during development. I'll look into it today on getting it added. Thanks for the heads up.
I use Favorites for the photos I want to show off, so naturally, those would be the ones I want on my lockscreen. ;)

That saves me from having to keep my camera roll nice and tidy from taking multiple shots trying to get that perfect one...also, the Photos Hub uses Favorites to cycle the picture on the live tile, so it is the best option, IMO ;) I hope you can figure that option out ;)

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
This is pretty great so far! Can't wait for the update, mainly for the cropping feature.

I'm really excited about the app link to the lock screen. I think some devs can do really great things with the feature.

Steve Ridges

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I happily purchased your app and while it worked great for a while, it seem to no longer be shuffling my wall papers. The live tile says the last change was over 2 hours ago but I think that was when I did it manually since I noticed it hasn't changed. Any tips or debug info I can get?

Doug Simit

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
app no longer works ... it works on some pictures ... i only have 8 pics and it works when i set 3 specifically the rest it ignores and stops with that pic untill i manually shuffle... had this problem around 3 weeks now. was the best app ever up until then. Nokia 920

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
app no longer works ... it works on some pictures ... i only have 8 pics and it works when i set 3 specifically the rest it ignores and stops with that pic untill i manually shuffle... had this problem around 3 weeks now. was the best app ever up until then. Nokia 920

The app was updated recently. You should try the update.

This is , I think the first app for WP8 I ever bought. I must say it is so amazing.

The recent update added lockscreen text. WHAT! :D

Awesome app. Can't live without it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett