[Game] Iron Fist Boxing

Vincent Black

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Iron Fist Boxing, the ORIGINAL MMA 3D Fighting game is now available on Windows Phone 8.

Link: Iron Fist Boxing | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Website: realtech VR Game - Iron Fist Boxing (iOS/Android/Windows Phone 8)

Today, you?ve decided to take your fighting career to a new level. Training hard for the World circuit, your arms ache as you pummel the punching bag, building the muscles, focus and technique that you?ll need to win.

Nothing and no one else exists in this moment, it?s just you and the sound of your gloves slapping the bag. You?re going to be the next champ if it kills you. And it might.

Iron Fist Boxing is the original, real-time 3D MMA fighting app. Don?t be fooled by imitations, if you want authentic, heart-racing action, incredible next generation graphics and the absolute ultimate in gaming challenge.

This application pushes the envelope, offering you six different game modes: It?s non-stop action, all the way, as you train, spar with a friend or live out your fantasy fight career.

You?ll experience high quality audio and real-time 3D graphics that have never been seen before.
Regardless of which device you?re using, the camera views are spectacular and your screen, with its easy multitouch controls, may give you an unfair advantage over your virtual opponent.

There are 32! characters for you to fight in this fast-action game. They all have MMA combat styles and are not above throwing in a few other disciplines to take you down: Boxing, Muay Thai, Savate, Kick Boxing, Brawler and Full Contact.

You?ve got your work cut out for you, if you want to claim the title, better start training now. To help you out, the app features many super moves and dodges.

Vincent Black

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
More apps from realtech VR are coming: No Gravity (No Gravity: iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad, Android, HP, a 3D space shooter which should be released this month) and Brotherhood of Violence (a new 3D beat'em up, details will come soon, will be released next month). There is also SkyORB (astronomy app) which was released few weeks ago.

Unfortunately, Iron Fist Boxing is a Native C++ Direct3D 11 app, and trial are not supported (only for C#/XAML apps (Windows Phone 7 'style' apps).

Vincent Black

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
After checking, you are right. This will be done in the next update and at least for the two other games which are coming. Thanks for the tips.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It's a cool game and there's a lot of potential here. However, the graphics are pretty ugly. I don't necessarily mean low quality, but aesthetically unappealing. I feel like the developer couldn't decide between realism or a cartoon look.

I'd personally like to see something a lot more playful; something in the style of Punch Out. There are far too many "realistic" fighters out there and I find none of them appealing in the least. But that's just me.

On another note, is it me or are the textures on the iOS version a lot sharper? I hope that gets addressed at some point.

Vincent Black

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello; Well Iron Fist Boxing was developed some years ago (December. 2008), designed for old gen devices, but we are planning to revive this franchise with a new sequel of this game later this year. Also an other 3D fighting game from realtech VR is being developed and will be released next month, on Windows Phone 8 (in simultaneous release for other app store too). This will be revealed soon on this forum. (You won't be disappointed).
Regarding the definition, we had to reduce the display resolution in order to achieve a good frame rate on Windows Phone 8 (we are using an HTC 8X as 'reference' device by the way).

Vincent Black

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
" No Gravity" game will be published for WP with WP 7.x support?

We are only releasing games for WP8.0, due to the usage of C++ and Direct3D 11 API. Also the version for Windows 8 has been released today. No Gravity for Windows Phone 8 was also certified yesterday, but we've pushed an update with some important bug fixes, so its being re-certified. This should available probably this Friday.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the definition, we had to reduce the display resolution in order to achieve a good frame rate on Windows Phone 8 (we are using an HTC 8X as 'reference' device by the way).

That makes me curious... Maybe you can't answer this, but have you guys found that the hardware in the 8X isn't as powerful as competing devices or are there other factors?

Vincent Black

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
HTC8X is roughly as fast as an iPhone 4 or a Galaxy Note 2. The problem is Direct3D 11 which is not optimized for the GPU designed for OpenGLES. And an important note, as some users noticed, the graphics are less detailed, due to a limit of 150MB of RAM allowed per application in Windows Phone apps.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Very interesting... Although my understanding is that the default cap is up to 300MB - 380MB on higher memory phones like the 8X and Lumia 920. And you can even forgo the cap altogether at the expense of compatibility with lower end phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes