My First App, Pretty Clock

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My first app is now available on the store for Windows Phone 8 and the Windows Phone 7 version is pending approval.

Here's the link: Pretty Clock | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I did follow a tutorial so you might have seen it before but I had to do a lot of things on my own and change several things to make it function properly under all circumstances. Please let me know what you think :grin:

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Its pretty cool, I think it would look even better with a live tile. Like the double wide tile especially would be cool looking.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Does it stay on at night like bb bedside mode?

Yeah the screen stays on :) it doesn't time out like other apps. The battery will last about 13 hours with the app open which is just due to the screen using battery so you'd ideally be using it while charging your phone overnight

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Its pretty cool, I think it would look even better with a live tile. Like the double wide tile especially would be cool looking.

Do you mean a live tile that shows the time? If you do then unfortunately that's not possible as the tile can only be updated every 30mins due to restrictions, therefore the app would only show the correct time once every 30mins :(

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Really nice app! Great work!!!!!!!!

I will send an request to the dev from NFC Launchit to add your app in his Popular Apps list....if you don't mind? ;-)

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Well done, reminds me of Metrotime which I also use but if you can add more styles options and perhaps some new features to next update it would be amazing. Good work!

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Looks cool.. Liked it. Is it possible to have this displayed on the lock screen?

Cheers!!

Unfortunately not, the lock screen works just like a live tile and can only be updated every half an hour or by a push notification and a push notification every minute would kill your battery

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Lovely. Seems to have a problem with the seconds timer though. I'm looking at it slow down and speed up. Hope this is fixed in an update :) Will still rate 5 stars though :)

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
HTC 8X has a live tile (HTC app) that displays live time. I'm quite sure that updates every minute so a live tile must be possible, no?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99