My First App, Pretty Clock

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
HTC 8X has a live tile (HTC app) that displays live time. I'm quite sure that updates every minute so a live tile must be possible, no?

that is HTCs app though. As the phones manufacturer they can do whatever they like, they have privileges that developers don't. So phone manufacturers can create a clock live tile but developers can't due to restrictions :(

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'll see what I can do :)

have a HTC 8X running portico, I realized that it slows down every 4 seconds.

Suggestions: 12 hour clock option, please?
Also, can you maybe tilt the whole clock to the left alternate days? I'm afraid that there'll be a burn in due to it it showing the same thing for hours.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Also, can you maybe tilt the whole clock to the left alternate days? I'm afraid that there'll be a burn in due to it it showing the same thing for hours.

I can see about adding the ability for the screen to rotate based on orientation but LCDs are almost impossible to get screen burn. Think of a Mac fo example, the dock is static at the bottom of the screen all day every day and it never burns into the screen. Screen burn is usually associated to phosphor based television displays like tubes, CRT rear projection, and plasma displays.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I can see about adding the ability for the screen to rotate based on orientation but LCDs are almost impossible to get screen burn. Think of a Mac fo example, the dock is static at the bottom of the screen all day every day and it never burns into the screen. Screen burn is usually associated to phosphor based television displays like tubes, CRT rear projection, and plasma displays. And a 12 hour clock option may be a possibility but it does the time based on the users region settings

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
wp_ss_20130213_0003.png wp_ss_20130213_0001.png

Excited :D my app is in new+rising section of the store, a little way down but it's still in there! Thanks everyone.

JohnnyCanuck

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
And a 12 hour clock option may be a possibility but it does the time based on the users region settings

Actually not the case it seems. My region is Canada and a 12 hour clock but the app displays a 24 hr clock. Instead of using the region in your app, can you maybe link to the "use 24-hour clock" setting in date & time?

Otherwise ... very nice little app!

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
it's technically possible to update the live tile every minute, but it never will be accepted in the Store. if you have a dev. unlocked device, check out tile world clock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett