[APP] gScraper - Google+ Client

theomodsim

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
gScraper is a Google+ client for Windows Phone that provides the ability to read posts in your circles as well as post items to your circles. Since Google+ does not have an API (a useful one, at least), the app uses "screen-scraping" to read data from circle feeds as well as interact with/add posts. What this means is that the app will break if Google decides to change the layout of the Google+ interface, but the bonus is that there is now a Google+ app with the native look-and-feel of Windows Phone.

Some features provided by gScraper include:
- View posts in your circles
- +1 and add comments to posts
- Add your own posts, including photos and your current location

This app doesn't provide Google Hangout or Talk support.

You can check out the app here: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=9ec6adb8-1fa5-48e0-9bb7-f184f0cebf56

wingdom

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
After reinstalling, then the login problems I had, I finally managed to get logged in, but now Im getting "Could not add post: NullReferenceException" Is this because of a change that Google made to Google+? Any idea on an update? I loved this app, the only one I knew of that actually let me check in places too.

theomodsim

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
After reinstalling, then the login problems I had, I finally managed to get logged in, but now Im getting "Could not add post: NullReferenceException" Is this because of a change that Google made to Google+? Any idea on an update? I loved this app, the only one I knew of that actually let me check in places too.

Google changed their interface for adding posts to Google+, which in the process messed up gScraper's ability to add posts. I've temporarily pulled gScraper from the Windows Phone Store and I hope to fix the problem soon. I was hoping to have a fix released by now, but I've been pretty busy with other things and have not had the time to look into it in detail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786