UC Browser 2.8.1 released, let me know what you think about it.

Boris Gong

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi friends:

We just have a new version out: UC Browser 2.8.1
This patch contains several fixes as well as a few new features for both the WP7 and WP8 versions.

Download Link for both WP7 and WP8:
UC Browser | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

forum1.png
forum2.pngforum3.png
forum4.pngforum5.png

What?s new in 2.8.1:

Night Mode Optimization: The brightness levels in Night Mode can be adjusted to the level most comfortable for your eyes. So when you use your device in dark conditions, like during some late night reading, it can be perfectly adjusted to suit you.

Increased Language Support: When using Speed Mode, pages containing Latin and Cyrillic characters can now be properly displayed (e.g. Vietnamese, Ukrainian).

Website address auto-complete: As you start to type into the address bar, UC Browser will automatically show you relevant suggested results. So as you begin to enter your search terms, UC Browser will present to you suggestions based upon your previous search terms and relevant websites to the currently entered terms.

Better Privacy Support: For your privacy and convenience, you now have the option to clear cookies in Settings.

We?ve also made several improvements to the stability of this version.

Make sure you update to this new version of UC Browser for Windows Phone! Check out our official website at: http://www.ucweb.com. Also, let us know your feedback on our Facebook and Twitter.

This new version is going to attend the Windows Phone Next App Star challenge.We will be much appreciated if you rank the product in windows phone store.

Thank you very much! Lemme know what you want to know and what you wish us to add on next version!

danish319

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I use this as my default browser and love it! Thanks a lot for the effort!

Just wanted to point out some bugs that I have faced:
-Still don't know how lock orientation works on the device.I hope you add an icon or option for it....I have to keep tilting the device a couple of times to get the option of lock/unlock
-Speed mode when turned off, turns back on when app accessed the next time i.e after exiting the app..want a way to permanently disable it.
-Browser stops playing song when exited by clicking windows button..

I hope future updates include:
-Show data usage in a session
-Integrated youtube video down loader
-Integrated music/video player

Boris Gong

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Background playing was on my list, once we solve those annoying memory leaks.
Orientation locks should work, just put it into landscape and wait 1-3 secs. We tested it on multiple phones and don't see a problem. May I know which model were you using?
And Speed Mode, we will try to make it smarter. But with current version, it should only go back on for UC Sites. Did you turn it on for some site? UC Browser will save that setting as your preference.

For future plans:
We will see if data usage can be added. In my impression it's quite difficult and only Nokia can do that on their phone.
Youtube downloading...guess what? Should be done in next version! But it will be a experimental feature for a few version.
Music/video player...That's another story. We got a lot of problems to fix, don't wanna integrate another feature that need a lot of plug-ins( media encoding was a pain-in-the-xxx)

Thanks for your feedback. BTW: Are you interested in our beta test? Just need a developer unlock:)

Ludwig1976

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much! Lemme know what you want to know and what you wish us to add on next version!

Thank you for your work.
I feel this version a little bit unstable than previous, expecially using standard browser versions instead of mobile browser optimized ones.

For future version, it should be great if you could let user choose which user agent should be used by UC browser.
There a lot of sites (corriere.it, repubblica.it and a lot of other news site) that don't allow me using standard version page, redirecting me to mobile browser page. With those sites, I'm forced to use IE, if I want to view standard version page, instead of mobile version.

Boris Gong

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your work.
I feel this version a little bit unstable than previous, expecially using standard browser versions instead of mobile browser optimized ones.

For future version, it should be great if you could let user choose which user agent should be used by UC browser.
There a lot of sites (corriere.it, repubblica.it and a lot of other news site) that don't allow me using standard version page, redirecting me to mobile browser page. With those sites, I'm forced to use IE, if I want to view standard version page, instead of mobile version.

Ya Desktop Mode was coming with 2.9 on 1st week of April.
Or you can join our Beta Test program next week if your phone was developer unlocked.

Also in 2.9 we will add a little workaround for "unstable A.K.A Out of Memory" problem: recycle memory.

A full solution will need 3.0 version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett