[App Amazing Weather] Suggest features to be added :)

eizsoft

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

We are always working to enhance and make Amazing Weather the best App on WP and to make it better we would like to hear your voice on what features you would like to see, and we will look on adding them to the App so please add your suggestions here, and note this is a voluntary participation-based thread and we own the full right to use your suggestion in the App (that's why we posted this from the beginning :)).

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I love the app, generally I think it's great but here's a couple of suggestions:

- I'd like to see wind speed on the live tile/lock screen...or at least an option to display it
- The lock screen quite often gets stuck overnight so when I look at my phone in the morning yesterday's bing image is still there, it updates not long after I start using the phone (I do love how it gives me today's Bing image, not like the built in Bing lockscreen!)
- I'm not sure what the weather source is but it seems to be quite inaccurate at times, for example, last week the lock screen/tile was showing it as 17C here (UK) when in fact it was about 9C!

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
When choosing the double wide live tile with realistic theme, I'd like the back of it to show more detailed forecast. So far the only way to have forecast for the next few days shown on the tile is to choose the metro theme.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

We are always working to enhance and make Amazing Weather the best App on WP and to make it better we would like to hear your voice on what features you would like to see, and we will look on adding them to the App so please add your suggestions here, and note this is a voluntary participation-based thread and we own the full right to use your suggestion in the App (that's why we posted this from the beginning :)).

Hi there.

Thanks for this!

The biggest thing to me is the lack of animated radar. The radar that is there is nice, but having it live, and updating rapidly (5, not 10 or 15 minute increments) is important. I live in what is statistically the most likely place for tornadoes in the United States. As such, when a storm comes, everyone is looking to see where it is, what it looks like, and which direction it is going. Without a live radar, I cannot rely on the app during a storm and instead am forced to go online or use another app.

The second thing is having more detailed forecasts available by clicking on an individual day when the app is opened.

Thanks again!

eizsoft

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow we are happy to have so many replies, we are working on an enhancement update to be available within the coming weeks, also an update will be available this week to refresh the look of live tiles (no more blacks :))

We will keep note of all your suggestions thanks a lot.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see the ability to add the current temp to one of the 5 quick status slots on the lock screen. I'm aware of a stand alone app that does this, but it would be nice to have it built into one app.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Different live tiles for day and night instead of black background for all tiles. For example in the day it would be a sun on a blue background and at night a moon on a black background.

Also, have the windchill or humidex values displayed more clearly

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I really dislike the little "i" on the left-hand corner. Have no idea why that's there - I would like an option to have it gone. Also, I would suggest having a few different images for "clear skies" and "sunny". I'd like to see some variety when it comes to that.

Another problem I sometimes have: the live tile doesn't always update. Sometimes I have to fully open the app for it to update. But other than that I have no complaints!

SchueyF1

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Looking forward to this weeks update with better looking live tiles. One of my favorite apps.

I would also like to see the wind speed on the live tile and lock screen. Plus more detailed info, graphs, trends and radar support in Canada would be great

woahitsreeo

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi-res lockscreen images and weather info/iconography for higher res phones like the 920 and 8x. Right now its very low-res and blurry on those devices. For an example of what I'm talking about Weather Flow has hi-res lockscreen.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
24h clock and rethink the lock screen pictures. It's very weird to find a picture of anything green on my lock screen when it's -15 C outside and 1m of snow everywhere.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
gee, how about an accurate hourly forecast? I'm in Jacksonville, FL and the hourly update right now shows that this hour and the next several we should have a 60% chance of rain, despite the (accurate) current conditions page, which shows 75 and mostly sunny. I do like the look of the app and the way the radar is up to date.

BTW, the weather channel app shows zero percent chance of rain for the next several hours. I think that one is more correct...

Would also be nice to show an animated radar going back a few minutes or hours. It's nice to see what direction the storms are moving so you know if you are in the cross-hairs or not.

I have honestly not found a weather app I can rely on. The weather channel one has a radar that's always a day or two old, useless. The one for Accu-weather has a format that I don't like, and I thought Amazing was going to be the one.... :straight:

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I really dislike the little "i" on the left-hand corner. Have no idea why that's there - I would like an option to have it gone. Also, I would suggest having a few different images for "clear skies" and "sunny". I'd like to see some variety when it comes to that.

Another problem I sometimes have: the live tile doesn't always update. Sometimes I have to fully open the app for it to update. But other than that I have no complaints!

The "i" is actually a "!" which signifies there is important weather alert notice(s) pending like incoming storm, wind notices, etc,.

weareinfinite

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Love this app, and I'm excited to hear that there will be a refresh of the live tile images this week.

My one quick/tiny suggestion is that when the forecast calls for "Chance of Thunderstorm," it's too much text on the medium-size tile and it looks all crazy. Is there a way to change it to "Chance of T-Storm"? Or is that not under your control?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa