Introducing Skinery Tiles (the FIRST custom tile that launches third party apps!)

symwpapps

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Sorry for shamelessly trying to promote my app here. I tried to reach the editors but no one came back. But bear with me as I have really exciting news to share.

If you have a WP8 and you are frustrated with that all the tiles app out there can only pin lame apps like wifi settings, then you will be delighted to hear this! Skinery Tiles is the FIRST and one and only tile app (just released) that lets you pin third-party apps! Yes you are not reading wrongly, the feature everyone has always wanted is finally here! Pin apps that you actually want on your start screen like WhatsApp, Facebook, Fancy and more! Check the images below to see what you can accomplish with Skinery Tiles.

There is no need to unlock your phone or do anything, just download Skinery Tiles from the Store (note, as the update is just released, it might not be visible in your Store yet)
Skinery WP Store download link

demo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv4XUnUzd6Q

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

Last edited:

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
YAS! You're a life saver! :worship:

This, is going to be very very successful one day, when WP finally stabilizes, and customization-savvy people come over to upgrade to our phones! Beautiful app! I wish I could give you a dollar for it!

Edit: I hope you are updating this more often! I love this app!

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't downloaded yet but just from the screen shots it looks pretty cool. I like metro's flat look so the first screen shot really caught my eye.

D M2

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
This is awesome, I'd pay for this, need to a way to add our own pics though, then it will be the best app on the market.

Tainted Clone

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Really good, using your own pictures would make this so much better

Edit: Just found out you can use your own pictures just tap choose skin and then the top tile (use my photo)

Excellent

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I will likely never use this app as I rarely ever customize my OS anymore but I am very happy it has been made. More choices for users is always a good thing! I think I have just been using computers too long, I love the minimal approach and it's was what made me choose WP8.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way for you to save our current configuration....I would say this is one of my major gripes with WP8...I'd love to save my configuration as I have spent a ton of time getting it just right but wouldn't mind trying your app as it seems cool.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
So instead of having live tiles , you get static tiles that are colorfully themed. good job. certainly doesn't hurt to have the option. :)

(Do you replicate existing apps pinned ?) or can you create a mode where if you unpinned everything but your app you can generate different set of pinned apps (Music lovers = pinned apps and services related to music/ Calling and texting = Messaging People whatsapp / photo nuts camera apps and lenses/ social addicts = you know... :) ) .

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
So instead of having live tiles , you get static tiles that are colorfully themed. good job. certainly doesn't hurt to have the option. :)

EDIT:

If messaging Tile is skinned with Skinery, does the tile still show the number of new messages?

Last edited:

symwpapps

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way for you to save our current configuration....I would say this is one of my major gripes with WP8...I'd love to save my configuration as I have spent a ton of time getting it just right but wouldn't mind trying your app as it seems cool.

Hi lipper2000, I will include that in the next release.

symwpapps

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

(Do you replicate existing apps pinned ?) or can you create a mode where if you unpinned everything but your app you can generate different set of pinned apps (Music lovers = pinned apps and services related to music/ Calling and texting = Messaging People whatsapp / photo nuts camera apps and lenses/ social addicts = you know... :) ) .

Definitely in the works.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Moved to Windows Phone Apps.

Back on topic though, this does look really cool. I am personally looking forward to trying it out. Even if just to gain an idea of how it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb