Introducing Skinery Tiles (the FIRST custom tile that launches third party apps!)

symwpapps

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Found this last week and love it. Is it still being actively developed? My guess is that the author is waiting on some api updates.

Yes. This app is still being actively updated. A new update is coming soon with support for third Live Tile column for 1080p phones.

thundr51

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes. This app is still being actively updated. A new update is coming soon with support for third Live Tile column for 1080p phones.

Hopefully MS will allow links to system apps in 8.1 api. I mainly use the system apps for everything and without those not much I can do with this app for now.

Kon Bick

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
@symwpapps: I changed to WP just a while ago and love your app! Definitely going to support you with an app purchase. However, like the most of us I face the same problem that was caused by microsoft in not allowing you app developers to access installed apps :_(
Do you know if WP 8.1 is going to change this restriction? I will contact some of the app developers of apps that I use to get in contact with you but doubt they will take that time...It's so sad that as a user you can't do anything about that.
Edit: we could be so freaking creative!!! :p

render Lumia 1020 gerade copy.jpg

Last edited:

Carren S

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm trialling your app before deciding whether or not to buy it. So far I'm really impressed but I'm a bit confused. I was under the impression that the app supported live tiles?
I have created two double-sided tiles as shortcuts to phone my daughters. These look as they should within the Skinery app - they flip sides as a live tile should do. But once pinned, they are no longer "live" - they don't flip sides.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
@symwpapps: I changed to WP just a while ago and love your app! Definitely going to support you with an app purchase. However, like the most of us I face the same problem that was caused by microsoft in not allowing you app developers to access installed apps :_(
Do you know if WP 8.1 is going to change this restriction? I will contact some of the app developers of apps that I use to get in contact with you but doubt they will take that time...It's so sad that as a user you can't do anything about that.
Edit: we could be so freaking creative!!! :p

View attachment 57004
I'm thinking if we do get a file manager, it might be possible to do exactly that. Fingers crossed!

Kon Bick

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
@Zulfigar, thanks for the answer! I hope so, too!

@Carren S, what size are you created live tiles? I think small tiles don't flip because it is not natively supported by Windows Phone.

Kon Bick

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
@symwpapps: With the new windows phone 8.1 update will u be able to allow all apps to be selected that are installed on the phone or not?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo