Splittr brings bill splitting through Splitwise to Windows Phone

MironV

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

Now available on Windows Phone 7!

Sorry for the shameless plug of my app but I'm hoping to spread the word to fellow Splitwise users on the forum. Splittr is a completely free (no ads, labor of love) Splitwise client for Windows Phone, supporting all the same functionality as the official Android and iPhone versions. I was frustrated with the lack of an official app so I tried hard to create a bill splitting app that I would want to use myself and that had a WP-specific twist--not just a clone of the official apps.

Splittr WP Store Download

splittr1-small.png splittr2-small.png splittr3-small.png splittr4-small.png splittr5-small.png

For those unfamiliar with Splitwise, it's a free service that lets you keep track of expenses between friends or within a group (such as a vacation or a house). You can keep track of everything from lunches and dinners to household expenses and hotel rooms. The app makes it easy to manage both simple IOUs and complex bill splitting with a built-in tip calculator, the ability to split between multiple people, and fine-grained splitting by percentage, individual shares, dollar amounts, or per-person dollar adjustments.

I've also tried to embody the metro look and feel, with careful use of fonts and images, while keeping some of the personality of Splitwise. The latest update is now live and brings a lot of new features (some of which you'll see in the above images!), including the ability to pin groups tiles. I'd really love your feedback on the app and where I should take it next (just email me or hit up me up on Twitter @MironV)

For those on their mobile phones:
downloadqr.png

Thanks!

Miron

Last edited:

MironV

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

Just wanted to let everyone know the 1.1 update is now live in the store and brings a host of enhancements to the app. I'm trying to hit a weekly update cadence as much as possible (given this is a solo volunteer effort), so stay tuned for more stuff!

Thanks for all your support,

Miron

MironV

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that Splittr is now also available on Windows Phone 7! You can download it here.

Thanks for all the support,

Miron

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi! Great app! I was wondering is it possible to add somebody in my contact list that doesn't have an email? Because right now I only see the ones that do have an email.

I know everybody should have an email address by now but it's not the case ;) Also for example, I added a contact for my home phone bill company with their number in case I need to contact them but didn't add an email address, yet I would like to be able to add that company into my Splittr bill group that when I owe them.

Please let me know :)

MironV

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi! Great app! I was wondering is it possible to add somebody in my contact list that doesn't have an email? Because right now I only see the ones that do have an email.

I know everybody should have an email address by now but it's not the case ;) Also for example, I added a contact for my home phone bill company with their number in case I need to contact them but didn't add an email address, yet I would like to be able to add that company into my Splittr bill group that when I owe them.

Please let me know :)

Hey, thanks for using the app! The way Splitwise works, you need to enter e-mails for your friends. This makes Splitwise way more functional than a personal journal of IOUs because everyone can validate and check to make sure that all debts have been entered correctly (when they sign up with that email address, all their existing expenses are available). In the end it's more helpful and high-quality if your friends have access to data about them that you and others have entered! Just like a SkyDrive or Google Docs spreadsheet of expenses, for instance.

That said, there are times when you can't enter an email (like your home phone bill company example). In this case, I would suggest entering a temporary email address using a service like AirMail. After that you can just keep track of expenses with that person normally.

WB323

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Great app but i can't seem to change the currency. My currency is set to Euro's but on the splitwise website the amounts turn up as Dollars. The app is unusable for me this way...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)