Collector for Windows Phone (Flipboard alternative)

Nick Garza

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
A night/dark theme would be nice eventually. When you open a story, its on a white screen and this kills me at night. After using it all today, I don't have any complaints yet.

KQ17

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought the app yesterday and I've been impressed. It looks good and works pretty well.

However, of course, it's still an unfinished work. Still, what I'd like to see added :
-Whole articles in the "preview" page. It just looks much better than the page where you read the article on a white background.
-Side swipes to go to the next or last article.
-Possibility to share stuff by SMS/Email
-The app randomly closed a couple of times (Nokia 920)...
-Also, I've added some more feeds but after some, I just can't scroll down the list of feeds to edit them or just look if I added them or not.

Keep up the great work. Forza!

NICE! However, would like support for 8x resolutions and Hd graphics.

Seems like all your concerns will be gone by the end of this month according to the dev. :)

Chrispcrust

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I also bought the app. Its a great start. Some of the built in feeds could be better. Scrolling could be a bit more smooth and refined. Swiping horizontally to get to different articles / pages would also be cool.

But its definitely a beautiful, well designed app. Looking forward to updates.

Nick Garza

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I bought the app yesterday and I've been impressed. It looks good and works pretty well.

However, of course, it's still an unfinished work. Still, what I'd like to see added :
-Whole articles in the "preview" page. It just looks much better than the page where you read the article on a white background.
-Side swipes to go to the next or last article.

:)

If they are done well, and are smooth/responsive, gesture controls should be used as often as possible in apps.

Nicholas Valbusa

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again for your feedbacks!

We'll definitely implement the horizontal swipe between articles, email sharing and a lot of other features. We are doing our best to push big updates in the following weeks, stay tuned! You can easily get all our updates following us on Twitter https://twitter.com/collectorwp

Nicholas

danjah

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay, one feature request; it would be nifty to be able to rearrange the collections by tapping, holding and dragging - just like with tiles. When you add many the favorites should be on top..

Nicholas Valbusa

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Okay, one feature request; it would be nifty to be able to rearrange the collections by tapping, holding and dragging - just like with tiles. When you add many the favorites should be on top..

We're designing a new horizontal dashboard, and you're be able to rearrange the collections (probably in the same way that you do on your home screen).
Unfortunately I don't have any live date about this feature (as it will be pretty huge), but it will be before the end of April. ;)

Jonas Jonsson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
First of all, I would like to say that I think this is a fantastic initiative and an instant buy for me, but I do have some thoughts on a few things in the app:

collector thoughts.jpg

I would also perhaps see some more alternatives for live tiles (showing images etc.), but other than that, I feel that this is already a very solid news reader with a really nice design.
Keep up the great work, and I'm eager to see what improvements may come in the future!

Nicholas Valbusa

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
First of all, I would like to say that I think this is a fantastic initiative and an instant buy for me, but I do have some thoughts on a few things in the app:

I would also perhaps see some more alternatives for live tiles (showing images etc.), but other than that, I feel that this is already a very solid news reader with a really nice design.
Keep up the great work, and I'm eager to see what improvements may come in the future!
Thanks for your feedbacks, I just forwarded the mockup to our design team.

About the live tiles, our second update (v1.2) will feature a lot of improvements for the live tiles so stay tuned!

blnwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Great start!! Good idea with Google Now like card view. I like the UI.

I've a personal nitpick. In the article reading mode can you try disabling the article moving around(pan around) when trying to scroll down? I like pages which doesn't move sideways when trying to scroll down.

lnsertName

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
How's about making it free for 24-48 hours, so we can see it fully working? I like the app, but cannot warrant spending the ?? until i have seen it working with more than one interest.

Nicholas Valbusa

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
How's about making it free for 24-48 hours, so we can see it fully working? I like the app, but cannot warrant spending the ?? until i have seen it working with more than one interest.
There's no need to make it free, you can check by yourself all the features of the app with just the two-collections limit. You can also remove any collection that you've created, and add a new one (up to two collections in the trial version).

Edit: You can also watch a video review of the app here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Cl3ejGl-w

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3