Collector for Windows Phone (Flipboard alternative)

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
we are currently not downloading the whole article offline just because the database only supports strings with a length up to 5000 characters, which means that we cannot use it.
We could rather use the local storage, like saving html files, and we'll probably add a setting to enable it in the near future so stay tuned! :)

I think that is the thing that bothers me the most. I click on an title, and then I have to click it again to download the full article. That doesn?t happen in Wave.

I really like the rest of the experience. Keep improving!

BenTR

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

This latest update is great. I have had Collector since soon after its release, and lately have been using it more and more. Most of the issues I have had have already been addressed in updates or mentioned by others.

One thing with the new update I have not seen mentioned: block quotes in articles display in tiny font. Otherwise, the new "read article" view looks very nice.

Jonas Jonsson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
With the latest update I have finally switched over completely to Collector. Its turning into an amazing experience!

I do wish there was some live tile customization though. In particular the fact that both the headlines and image are both on the back of the live tile can be a bit cluttered, since for example if the image is very bright/white you won't actually be able to read the headlines. I would like to see an option of having the image on front and headline (with accent color as background) on the back.

m4tthall

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I feel like more people should be doing feedback on the store too, surely there are more people using this great app other than the small amount of reviews it has?

Nicholas Valbusa

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello folks,

thank you again for your feedback :) we read all of them and we'll keep working hard to implement the most requested features/changes.

In the meantime, why don't you like us on our brand new Facebook page here http://www.facebook.com/collectorwp
Moreover it's probably the best way to get in touch with us ;-)

Last but not least, the v1.6 just got approved by Microsoft. Here is the changelog:
- New signup/login feature
- Background cloud-sync of collections and preferences (if you're logged in)
- 32bit color depth support for Windows Phone 7.x devices
- Improved stability while loading some feeds

Last edited:

darionst

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I really love this app, the log in feature in the last update is great, and it's very smooth too! But to me it's unusable cause it keeps crashing everytime, so I've to use another rss app which is definitely worse than Collector. Please fix it :sweaty:

matt21484

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the trial version for a while to see if I like this app or Weave better, and I must agree w/ darionst that the last update crashed the app for me too. Just want to give the dev a heads up as I know he follows this forum.

Nicholas Valbusa

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

We're working hard to fix all the crashing issues :)
Don't worry, give us just one or two more weeks and most of the issues should be resolved.

Cheers

Nicholas

Y2HBK

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have link my Google Reader account to this app. Is there any way to mark all feeds as read? I see that if I go into an article and swipe horizontally, it marks them as read... but what about a way to toggle them all as read at once? Or a vertical scrolling method that marks them as read ala Flipboard?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I think my biggest issue with this app is the loading time. When I start the app, it's updating outdated collections for close to a minute, during which time the app is unusable. Is this normal for everyone else?

Nicholas Valbusa

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
we just released on the Marketplace the [1.6.1] with the following changelog:

- New Light/Dark reading theme
- Improved stability while reading the articles
- Infinite scrolling changed to pages (memory friendly)
- Pin icons and some new welcome screens
- Little improvements around the app

Cheers ;-)
Nicholas

khatta

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think my biggest issue with this app is the loading time. When I start the app, it's updating outdated collections for close to a minute, during which time the app is unusable. Is this normal for everyone else?

I also have a similar feedback for the developer. I think it has something to do with how many feeds are being refreshed. I have around 20 and it takes close to 20-30 seconds to update all. Not a show stopper for me as I only read it once or twice a day.

I am not sure but hopefully the App isn't updating Google Reader Feeds each time it load. I also think that the welcome screen that states 'Resume Reading' should start the sync process in the background. Possibly signing up for the Collector Cloud Service (Available within settings) might speed up the process.

Nicholas Valbusa

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I also have a similar feedback for the developer. I think it has something to do with how many feeds are being refreshed. I have around 20 and it takes close to 20-30 seconds to update all. Not a show stopper for me as I only read it once or twice a day.

I am not sure but hopefully the App isn't updating Google Reader Feeds each time it load. I also think that the welcome screen that states 'Resume Reading' should start the sync process in the background. Possibly signing up for the Collector Cloud Service (Available within settings) might speed up the process.

Hello, thanks for your feedback! :)

Right now, we're working hard to improve the speed of the articles/feeds/collections syncronisation. We're testing the 1.6.2 of the app which includes this nice improvement, and we expect to release it around the next week!

In the future we'll also improve our cloud service, so it can checks all the feeds for you and the app will just download a "what's new" list ;-)

Cheers
Nicholas

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Awesome customer service turns a try into a buy! Thanks for all your effort, it really is a great news reader.

Is there a way to have a list view of your articles instead of swiping through each one? Sometimes I just wanna glance through and see what's good rather than scroll and hope for something.

Thanks again!

Nicholas Valbusa

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello boys,

here is the changelog of the version 1.6.2 which is available on the Marketplace since a few days:

- Pocket (Read it later) integration
- General stability improvements
- Added an option to skip the welcome screen
- New collections update engine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05