AutoGaugeX - THE app for your car

AutoGaugeX

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Whether you're into cars or not, AutoGaugeX is the essential app for keeping on tabs on what is probably your first or second largest investment, your car! AutoGaugeX reads your OBD2 port via a Bluetooth adapter to display your engine data live on your phone. With the ability to read trouble codes, there's no need to take your car to the auto store or mechanic shop to read your check engine light. It has a built-in safety feature to optionally blank your phone screen when MPH > 0 (aka YOU'RE DRIVING). Even threw in the option to get a vehicle history report from within the app (great when shopping for used cars!!)

If you're a gear head and have a WindowsPhone, this app is a must! Make mods on your car and see if they actually improve anything. The data is already there, AutoGaugeX unlocks it for you!!

Try or buy it NOW. We'd love to hear your feedback!

Attachments

• Dash_720.png
    Dash_720.png
    156.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Air_720.png
    Air_720.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 3
  • MPG_720.png
    MPG_720.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 4
  • O2_720.png
    O2_720.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 5

AutoGaugeX

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Drops the connection all the time on my BMW.

No support for the metric system...

Needs update.

Hi Greasemonkey3,

What kind of Bluetooth device are you using? Do you have an aftermarket/performance chip installed on your car's ECU? I've had this issue on cars with modified ECU's.

Metric system will be coming on the next update.

Thanks for the feedback. I hope to get this issue sorted out for you.

AutoGaugeX

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Looks interesting. Are you able to reset engine codes using the app?

In the paid version, yes. The trial will tell you if your check engine light is on but will not allow you to read & reset the codes.

There are times when the check engine light will not illuminate on your dash for various reasons despite a trouble code being thrown. It depends on the vehicle manufacturer, but this is usually because they don't want to "annoy" the driver with a check engine light when it isn't something critical or emissions related. AutoGaugeX will tell if you have stored codes and provides information regarding the code by simply tapping on it. Cheap preventative maintenance essentially.

Last edited:

deepblue82

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the trial version and the app is stuck on "Searching for OBD II device..."
I have this device AGPtek? Super Mini ELM327 V1.5 Bluetooth OBD2 OBD-II CAN-BUS Auto Diagnostic Scanner Tool : Amazon.com : Automotive
It works with both Dash and Torque app (Android)
I have a 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
I have also made sure that the my phone only tries to paid to the OBDII dongle and not to my car as well.

Having exactly the same problem! Tried it yesterday and got it one time to "Initialize OBD II device..." and after that something like "Reading OBD II sensor data..." but then my bluetooth device disconnects every time and gets stuck at "Searching for OBD II device...".

I'm using the same bluetooth adapter as poster above (works also perfectly with Dash!)

AutoGaugeX

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Having exactly the same problem! Tried it yesterday and got it one time to "Initialize OBD II device..." and after that something like "Reading OBD II sensor data..." but then my bluetooth device disconnects every time and gets stuck at "Searching for OBD II device...".

I'm using the same bluetooth adapter as poster above (works also perfectly with Dash!)

Hello,

We just released version update 1.1.0 (should be available from the app store today 4/14/2013), which adds support for the metric system as well as addresses some of these connectivity issues.

If you see "Reading OBD2 data..." at all, the good news is your OBD2 adapter and the app are connecting to each other. The update should fix the bug that throws the connection back into search mode. If you're still having this issue even with Version 1.1.0, please let me know.

To see which version you have, tap on 'help' from the app's menu. It will be in the 'about' page at the top.

I apologize to those that the app isn't working for yet, but we're committed to get this working for everyone. We're continuously improving this app and everyone's feedback is needed!

Choco_Lab

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
This is absolutely great. I just got a used Lumia 920 and love the look but was still deciding if I want to go to it full time, and one hesitation was the lack of some apps. One of the ones I had in mind was one of these OBD apps like I'd seen for Android but didn't think was available on WP and might not be for a while (if ever).

Greasemonkey3

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Still the same error after the update to 1.1.0.0. The app is stuck on "searching for obd2 adapter" and doesn?t connect. I have tried other apps for my wp8 like Dash which works perfectly with my car and adapter.

ceribo

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi AutoGauge
I created the same kind of App wihtout knowing that you created one. here is the link of mine Diagnose your car | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
I have a Citroen DS3 when I tested your App ( because to be Honest yours is VERY BEAUTIFUL) with my ELM327 Device, I had a Big issue. Indeed all the lights of my dashboard turned on and I didn't manage to start my engine.
Can you confirm that your app works also on french cars please?
In advance Thanks

P.S. I am not trying to give you a bad Add but want to understand why i cannot use your app with my tool.

Thank you for your help

Ceriboo

JaredMX5

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
The latest update has fixed the connection issue I was having so I am now able to get readings.
The one reading I am seeing an issue with is the Manifold Pressure reading. I never goes to zero or show vacuum. I have a turbo car but at idle it shows 5psi, and between shift boost shows a spike well above the 20psi that the gauge is limited to.

Ray Rogers

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yippee! At last I have an engine code to try, just a emission system small leak. I was hoping to test the app, but it doesn't show any codes for me, bummer :(

AutoGaugeX

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't know anything about this stuff but I'd like to learn ;) What ODB2 device(s) would you recommend?

If you're in the US, the BAFX OBDII adapter has been very reliable and consistent. Other users in Europe have had success with the Vgate device.

Version 1.1.2 is in the works, which will allow for compatibility with many more OBD2 devices. Should be out the week of May 6.

AutoGaugeX

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi AutoGauge
I created the same kind of App wihtout knowing that you created one. here is the link of mine Diagnose your car | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
I have a Citroen DS3 when I tested your App ( because to be Honest yours is VERY BEAUTIFUL) with my ELM327 Device, I had a Big issue. Indeed all the lights of my dashboard turned on and I didn't manage to start my engine.
Can you confirm that your app works also on french cars please?
In advance Thanks

P.S. I am not trying to give you a bad Add but want to understand why i cannot use your app with my tool.

Thank you for your help

Ceriboo

Hi Ceriboo,

Thanks for the feedback! I want to resolve this issue just as much as you do! Very surprised this happened to your car. Can we take this offline? My email is developer@autogaugex.com.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb