A better calendar - Simple Calendar is out for WP8!

dj200

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
You may also like one that I use appoin tile works about the same, but doesn't have a nice 30 day view, but the text size is adjustable which I like. If simple calendar adds this I will change.

I actually use Appointile at the moment but the month view swings the vote for me. I'm also trying out Iconical but again there's no month view.

Tareb

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
We have submitted v1.2 to the WP store, it fixes this bug, along with all the crashes on launch for some non en-us languages.

The app indeed works when I change my Region setting to United States, for example. How long do you reckon before the update goes live on the windowsphone store?

Thanks a lot for the app!

wes566

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
How long do you reckon before the update goes live on the windowsphone store?

We just got a message from WP dev center saying the update has been published, so you should see the update soon (within the next few hours I would think). Please let us know if you still see app the app crashing on launch after the v1.2 update. Thanks!

Tareb

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
We just got a message from WP dev center saying the update has been published, so you should see the update soon (within the next few hours I would think). Please let us know if you still see app the app crashing on launch after the v1.2 update. Thanks!

Works like a charm after the update! Thank you :)

slavech

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

After update to 1.2 it works fine also for non US region (Slovakia). Thank you!

Tareb

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Could you narrow the space between the HOUR and the SUBJECT when using Medium tile? Less space would mean more text (otherwise it chops off words if subject is too long).

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Could you narrow the space between the HOUR and the SUBJECT when using Medium tile? Less space would mean more text (otherwise it chops off words if subject is too long).
Medium tile text format definitely needs some re-work to make the appointment subject more readable. I already communicated this to the dev via email. Here's what I had written:
"My next suggestion has to do with how the meeting details are displayed on the medium tile. The current format is: Day printed vertically, then a vertical line, followed by start and end times to the right and the meeting details to the further right. However, this format better suits the wide tile because of its large width. When switched to a medium tile, not changing the format of text simply cuts the text off at the right edge of the tile because of its relatively smaller width. This results in a. the inability to read the meeting subject and b. an aesthetically unpleasing look. May I suggest the following for the medium tile (or a slight variation if you can think of a better looking visual):
Display the day, start and end times in one line (horizontally, of course), meeting subject in the next line (or lines depending on the length of the subject) and the meeting location in the next line, followed by details of the next meeting below this. This scheme would take three lines to display the details of a meeting and may result in fewer meetings getting displayed on the medium tile (for instance, 2 instead of 3, which the wide tile could have displayed). But this should be fine. One cannot expect a smaller tile to display the same amount of content as a larger tile."

Renzo Roose

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Indeed,

Also here the facebook birthdays are shown as a private appointment. Can you change this so these birthdays are visible within Simple Calendar?

larrymcj

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
While I think it's the best UI of any WP calendar, I can't use it because I have multiple calendars and this won't let me change the calendar colors. Not sure I see the utility in having multiple calendars all the same color. All the other calendar apps let me specify calendar colors, so even though I'd rather buy this one, I can't until this is fixed.

BigDTexas

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Is there no calendar on earth that will display appointments in the past from an Exchange account? The built-in calendar deletes them, Chronos deletes them, Simple Calendar deletes them, True Calendar 8 deletes them. Are they being deleted by Exchange or by the app in the phone? This is making me want to go back to my iPhone.

ahalowell

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am looking for a new calendar app for my 1020. I am disappointed that none of the ones I looked at provided the ability to set a recurrence of multiple weeks. For example my wife gets paid every two weeks. I don't know how to input it in your calendar or any of the others I have looked at.

Please let me know if this is possible. I would be happy to pay for an app like yours with this capability.

Thanx!
Al
ahalowell@cox.net

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am looking for a new calendar app for my 1020. I am disappointed that none of the ones I looked at provided the ability to set a recurrence of multiple weeks. For example my wife gets paid every two weeks. I don't know how to input it in your calendar or any of the others I have looked at.

Please let me know if this is possible. I would be happy to pay for an app like yours with this capability.

Thanx!
Al
ahalowell@cox.net

Check your other topic. I provided you with instructions on how to enter that type of event with that kind of recurrence schedule in Outlook.com, which will sync with your native (or any Calendar app that can sync an Outlook.com calendar) calendar app.

drozdpatrick

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
While I think it's the best UI of any WP calendar, I can't use it because I have multiple calendars and this won't let me change the calendar colors. Not sure I see the utility in having multiple calendars all the same color. All the other calendar apps let me specify calendar colors, so even though I'd rather buy this one, I can't until this is fixed.

The OS on Windows Phone needs to put an end to multiple Microsoft alias's from playlist, ha! Meaning.. Not ever going to happen!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12