A better calendar - Simple Calendar is out for WP8!

wes566

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I just released a new calendar app for WP8. You can try it out (it's free) at Simple Calendar | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

What's different about this calendar app versus other calendar apps? Simple Calendar has a beautiful and extremely useful/simple month view, and there is no setup required. Just launch the app once and your live tile is setup, your appointments are there... Just spend 2 minutes trying the app out, it really is simple.

Hope you guys like it.

I would love to hear feedback on feature requests/improvements. Just reply to this thread or mention @splintoapps on twitter.

Thanks!
Wes

Attachments

• ss1.png
    ss1.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 643
  • ss2.png
    ss2.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 636
  • ss3.png
    ss3.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 639

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Well done! You just bumped Chronos calendar off my start screen. I think it might be nice to be able to choose the location of the date banner as a future option.

Edit: your overall tile design is clean and sharp as all heck, I love it.

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Great, now I need to put 3 calendar apps on my start screen...: The default calendar app as a tiny tile (I prefer the default calendar's "day view" best of all calendar app i've tried), Chronos Calendar (it has the best looking wide tile; i use this for glance and go and to make my home screen look nice and more vibrant), and now I have to put this app because it's good too.

Here's what I mean when I say the Chronos calendar app looks best:

wp_ss_20130409_0001-png.jpg

If the developer could somehow incorporate the default calendar's day view for the bottom half of the app like this:

wp_ss_20130409_0002-png.jpg

that would be awesome! I find the default calendar's day view to be more visually intuitive the way it displays your appointments if you have more than 1 appointment that overlap. Developer of Simple Calendar, please see if you can possibly do this!

Thank you!

Daxi1234

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
This looks realy promising. Gives me a better overview over my calendar that's filled with stuff from both my girlfriends synced calendar and mine. Pinned :)
Great work.

Retcha

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Love it so far. Replaced my other calendar apps. It would be nice to get an agenda view in app and be able to edit how many days show up on the live tile.

yellowS

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Love it! Still there is some incoherence with facebook calendendar! On windows calender I hide the event I didn't answered while in Simple Calender shows all! There's no way to hide them?

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
This is what I have been looking for! I know its free, but please tell me how I can send you some money so you can continue developing this awesome calendar!

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Great calendar app, would be great if the tile would flip and the back side show the monthly calendar like appoin tile app.

wes566

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well done! You just bumped Chronos calendar off my start screen. I think it might be nice to be able to choose the location of the date banner as a future option.

Thanks for taking the time to use the app! Do you mean have the option to put the location above the appointment title? So flip location and title?

wes566

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I find the default calendar's day view to be more visually intuitive the way it displays your appointments if you have more than 1 appointment that overlap. Developer of Simple Calendar, please see if you can possibly do this!

Nice mockup! We'll see what we can do. I do think that some sort of day or agenda view would be really useful, I just want to make sure whatever that looks like stays clean and simple. Thanks for using the app!

t3chnick

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Great app! Needs ability to recognize web links and phone numbers though. I.e. In ms calendar, when viewing a meeting I can click an http address or phone number to open web browser and to call the number.

wes566

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This is what I have been looking for! I know its free, but please tell me how I can send you some money so you can continue developing this awesome calendar!

Don't worry, we'll continue development, we have more features planned for release soon... for now, you can help us out by rating the app, following @splintoapps on twitter, and sending feedback/feature requests to make the app better :) Oh, and maybe send a tip to wpcentral asking them to review the app ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb