A better calendar - Simple Calendar is out for WP8!

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Love the simplicity of this app. The winning feature for me is its ability to display location of the meeting on the medium tile (below the meeting's subject). Default calendar doesn't display the meeting location, and Chronos Calendar (another great app) displays the location in the same line as the subject, so it gets cut off and is not visible on the medium tile due to its lesser width. This app's medium tile is now pinned on my start screen. Rated this app in the store too.

wes566

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Are certain Apps causing conflicts perhaps? I don't see why it wouldnt work for my Lumia 920?

I don't think any other apps should cause conflicts with Simple Calendar... does your default calendar app have accounts and appointments in it?

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have no problems with the font size. If you do plan on increasing it (some people seem to have requested that), please make it an option so that I can continue using the current "default" font size. Thanks!

dj200

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Very promising so far. As mentioned above colour coding would be good, as would the ability to configure the live tile both in terms of the number of appointments shown and the number of days covered.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
This is now my default calendar viewer. I am still using Outlook 2013 to add in different appointments.

This is what the WP8 Calendar should be. I love it, reminds me a little bit like the iphone with the month view, except I can see the monthly appointments.

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I still prefer Chronos currently but I am definitely going to keep this installed and monitor its progress. I really do like where it's going so far and if development continues to improve the app and add features/functionality eventually it may steal the top spot from Chronos. Keep up the great work!! (And thanks for engaging the community for testing and feedback!)

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
2 questions for the developer:

1. Does it work perfectly without data?.
2. Some calendars don't require owner identity, how is owner identity used in your app? Thanks for answering my questions. :)

wes566

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
1. Does it work perfectly without data?.
2. Some calendars don't require owner identity, how is owner identity used in your app? Thanks for answering my questions. :)

Do you mean without any initial calendar data? Yes, we have tested that extensively. Do you mean without any network data? Like no data connection? Yes, it works without any network connection, that has been tested as well.

The owner ID capability is required for referencing the MS Pubcenter ad control (notice I said referencing the control, the app is not actually using it yet). Currently the app is not showing any ads, but it will show them in the future (don't worry, there will be a cheap in-app purchase to remove the ads). For now we just wanted to get the app out there and let people experience it in it's best form, and get some feedback to see what additional features people are looking for.

Thanks for the questions!
Wes

wmgreenjr

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Nice clean interface!

Two things:
1. Facebook birthdays are showing up as "Private Appointment" - not sure why. Chronos Calendar somehow got around this so you may want to see how they worked around this (unless this is a settings issue on my side???).
2. Would be great if live tile would show greater than what appears to be a week interval (either allow for a greater interval or allow tile to show all next appointments until it is full so no set interval would be needed - if that makes sense).

Great job so far and nice clean look :)

wes566

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have found a bug: when you set another language (italian in my case) the name of the current day on the bottom of live tile is still in english (even though the name of the day reported for each appointment on the live tile is in italian)

We have submitted v1.2 to the WP store, it fixes this bug, along with all the crashes on launch for some non en-us languages.

Saerise

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Wow! I am pretty new to WP, but this is wonderful. The only thing I can really think of that I'd like it to have that it doesn't (or I haven't figured out how to do, always possible) is search my calendars. I'm extremely forgetful, so this would be a real life saver for me. I was able to do it with my Android calendar, and it's the only thing I really miss.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My mom said it won't allow changes or deletes, it can only add new stuff.

If this is true, please fix this. And what is the current workaround?

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
You have to use the native calendar to delete or edit, I believe all the calendar apps are the same way, most of them you can add. It's a Microsoft thing.

dj200

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The more I use this app the more I like it. The way it's so easy to view and add appointments using the month view is fantastic, far better than other calendar apps I've been trying.

Keep developing with some of the suggestions above and I would be happy to pay.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
The more I use this app the more I like it. The way it's so easy to view and add appointments using the month view is fantastic, far better than other calendar apps I've been trying.

Keep developing with some of the suggestions above and I would be happy to pay.

You may also like one that I use appoin tile works about the same, but doesn't have a nice 30 day view, but the text size is adjustable which I like. If simple calendar adds this I will change.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa