The Honest Weather App - Best Weather app for Windows 8/Windows Phone 8

Suyash Srijan

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
An awesome weather app for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 that I am working on. Currently under development; should be ready in few weeks. A very handy app incase you don't want to look outside to check the crappy weather. You can also share your misery on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, etc.

The Honest Weather App by ~suyashsrijan on deviantART

Coming soon :) Feedback much appriciated!

Last edited:

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
A buddy of mine got his app published when they denied it for something silly like that. What he ended up doing was having a sort of Easter egg in the app. If you were to just download it..there would be no profanity, but if you tapped the logo in the top left three times - a settings menu appeared allowing you to turn on adult content.

Was good enough for MS to let through. Probably because they didn't know it was there.

Suyash Srijan

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
A buddy of mine got his app published when they denied it for something silly like that. What he ended up doing was having a sort of Easter egg in the app. If you were to just download it..there would be no profanity, but if you tapped the logo in the top left three times - a settings menu appeared allowing you to turn on adult content.

Was good enough for MS to let through. Probably because they didn't know it was there.

I am tried something like that only but they said the app's metadata contains profanity o_O

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Though about this this morning, why don't you have the app download the data from a server instead of hard coding it into the app and keep the data on the server clean until the app has been approved.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
An awesome weather app for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 that I am working on. Currently under development; should be ready in few weeks. A very handy app incase you don't want to look outside to check the crappy weather. You can also share your misery on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, etc.

The Honest Weather App by ~suyashsrijan on deviantART

Coming soon :) Feedback much appriciated!
Haha, very cool, make sure it has all the WP8 features (large live tiles, lockscreen, etc.) then this might be a hit!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon