Picit - Real-time photos with expiration time for Windows Phone

aenbacka

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
While I appreciate independent developers trying to fill such gaps, I believe that making social apps (like picit) available as WP exclusive will not help us fill that gap or be part of the whole trend/experience. I still can't communicate/SnapChat with iPhone or Android users considerably limitting the audience for my picit activities.

Hope you will release an Android/iOS Version soon :)

EDIT: In regards to the screenshots: Don't iOS and Android suffer from the same issue? According to Wikipedia, you have to leave your finger on the touchscreen to show the image. Maybe you can implement that as well.

Thanks for your feedback. You do have a valid point, being WP exclusive will limit the audience. However, I am definitely thinking of porting Picit to e.g., Android :) The requirement that the user needs to hold a finger in contact with the display while viewing a picit could be added, but that alone cannot prevent screenshot capturing on WP8, as you can still easily invoke the required key combination.

aenbacka

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
An update to Picit has now been submitted for certification. This update fixes a few minor issues, as well as introduces a new "Do Not Touch" mode for picits for helping to prevent screenshot taking (this has been a requested feature) :)

Edit: For latest updates via Twitter, follow @PicitForWP :)

Last edited:

aenbacka

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Picit version 1.5 is now available for download in the WP Store, with the new Do Not Touch mode for screenshot prevention.

aenbacka

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi would it be possible to link picit with snapchat so that we can connect with eachother?

Well technically it would be possible to implement such linking, however there might be legal aspects involved with accessing the Snapchat API (as they do not have any public API). Reverse-engineered implemetations of the Snapchat API do exist. I am definitely considering the best way to integrate Picit with other platforms such as Android and iOS, to reach more users :)

PS. A new update has been submitted to WP Store for certification, including functionality to search for users by different criteria (such as distance) :)

aenbacka

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Version 2.0 of Picit is now available for download from the Windows Phone Store. The update brings Facebook login to both the wp7 and wp8 versions, as well and an updated camera UI to the wp8 version (will not auto-save to the picture hub anymore). Aviary has also been updated for wp8, so it is now possible to draw on picits :) Hope you will enjoy the update!

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this is a workable solution, but since the Start (Windows) and Power buttons both need to be pressed to activate the screenshot function, could you just display a blank screen when either one of those buttons are pushed? It takes time to hit the 2nd button, you should have a narrow window of time to display something else.

aenbacka

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this is a workable solution, but since the Start (Windows) and Power buttons both need to be pressed to activate the screenshot function, could you just display a blank screen when either one of those buttons are pushed? It takes time to hit the 2nd button, you should have a narrow window of time to display something else.

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into it. Currently the do not touch mode should solve the problem to some extent.

aenbacka

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick update that version 2.1 has now passed certification (in less than a day, quite a record :)). This version brings, among other things, possibility to add a profile photo, which is displayed in search results (when searching using the 'Find users' function). When logging in using Facebook, the Facebook profile photo is displayed by default (can be replaced using the photo upload / edit function). Users can now opt to not show up in search results (Find users) from Settings. Also, a password reset function has been added, plus some misc. bug fixes. Hope you'll enjoy the updated version! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa