Hi,
    I've just made my very first WP8 game! It's called 4sFear and it's an idea for a game that I've had for almost a decade but never got around to releasing it.

Try it out: 4sFear | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

It's a unique game, similar to tic-tac-toe and connect 4 but with a semi 3d feel that makes it quite challenging!

05-03-2013 06:47 AM
    Really interesting in getting some feedback on this, I've already started work on a server to get online multiplayer working. Because I've had this idea
    for so long I really just want to see it out there being played, so what do you think? And please be honest, it helps!

:)

[Sorry for my first post being a little bit of a self-promotion, I'm new here but I will be sticking around now]
    05-03-2013 07:04 AM
    Haven't tried it, but just wanted to ask a couple of quick questions:

1. Is this essentially Connect 4 on a Rubik's Cubs? That's what it seems like to me. It's not a complaint or anything, just making sure I understand it.
    2. What is the difference between the free and paid versions? Timed trial? Just full version with ads? Just want to know what paying for the game brings.
    05-03-2013 07:17 PM
    It can kind of be thought like that. It does provide a challenge though, as you rotate the cube in any direction there is no point of reference so it becomes requires "spatial reasoning" in the words of some people who have played it. Also, you can only win with 4 in a line on one face, so each face becomes kinda isolated but because the edges and corners are shared you treat them individually. Although the concept is similar to other games, this truly is unique.

The free trial is the full version but with ads. I've placed the adverts well out of the way though so they aren't too annoying. The paid for version SHOULD remove the adverts but there is a bug that means it doesn't :( I've submitted an update though that fixes this and it should be on the store this week.

I didn't want to limit the free trial as I am working on online multiplayer support atm, which will only be successful if enough people are actively playing it.
    05-07-2013 05:41 AM
    Just read about your app. Looks like an awesome concept. Can you share your download statistics?
    07-03-2014 04:46 AM