"Hardware Test" - The only app which shows phone updates

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

If you know this application you should know that it has been republished under another company. Microsoft didn't help to transfer application between old and new company, so now all customers should re-download application again, to be able to receive updates.

e8bfda82-1c2f-4fd7-856a-ffd43703feab

For the rest, who don't know what this app is it, I will say this. This free application has bunch of tests for your phone, from LCD colors to sensors. Also it shows full information about your phone and updates installed. It also provides quick tiles (pinnable to lock screen) to access common configuration pages.

fc70762a-6264-4e8f-aa35-a9605c176061

And has live tile to show current state of phone, (WiFi, Cellular), free space, battery remaining percentage. Also it has ability to show battery percentage on lock screen.
And here is a link to this application Hardware Tests | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure I know this app from the "other" store but no biggy. Thanks, I'll check it out. It is Window Phone 8 ready?

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded this - has got some real useful information in it, just wondering what the 'phone updates' part meant by the 'Package No.'. I touched the line, and it came up with a load of jargon that li'l ole me would have no clue about.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
This part of app shows the date and detail of updates were installed. Unfortunately there is no way to get description of update, but for some people analyzing the list of updated files could help to find out what parts of system were updated.

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Cool - thanks for that.

Still, it's nice (in my eyes) to have all the device information in the same place, rather than having to keep pressing 'tiles' here there and everywhere. :)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

New updated version just passed certification.
In this release we added quick pinnable shortcuts for:

GDR2 devices - Camera settings, Sim Applications,
GDR3 devices - Screen lock settings

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 0

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me that what is the size of app after installation..?

Hardware Tests
v2.9.0.0 on (10/16/13)
Hmmm....before app install I *think* it said 4MB for the update. Now after the install the Store lists it as 3MB. Using 'Make More Space' app(HTC) for size info, it lists as 5.03 MB.

Since the app does include different elements for different GDR updates, I'll also mention that I'm still on GDR2. Hope this answers your query.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hardware Tests

v2.9.0.0 on (10/16/13)

Hmmm....before app install I *think* it said 4MB for the update. Now after the install the Store lists it as 3MB. Using 'Make More Space' app(HTC) for size info, it lists as 5.03 MB.

Since the app does include different elements for different GDR updates, I'll also mention that I'm still on GDR2. Hope this answers your query.

Thanks.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hardware tests version 3.0 just posted to review.

- Update storage information., Now you can see free space and size of SD card.
- Added total space available in phone storage
- SD card free space now available in live tiles
- SD Card speed test

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
New update just passed certification process.

- Now application can show the name of your phone.
- Added information about file system type , used on SD Card (exFat, NTFS and so on)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077