Is someone interested in a PSX emulator?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is somwone interested in a PSX emulator?

I'd be interested, definitely. I know others would be too. If the emulator runs good with descent frame rate. I'd be willing to pay.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Heck yes. Its worth it to me. I'd pay a small amount as well if priced reasonably as a thanks.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'd be interested, definitely. I know others would be too. If the emulator runs good with descent frame rate. I'd be willing to pay.
The main problem with windows phones is tha lack of support to recompilation(JIT) so it may run great on 2D games, playable with some 2.5 and 3d Games but full 3D games may be too slow to be playable. I've made a simple port and it Crash 3 runs at 15~20 FPS, its playable but it is not using any ARM code, what can make it faster but will give a little of work(I own a lumia 620 so on a 920 it can run better). That is why I've created this thread :smile:.

jtanigawa

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Been waiting awhile for this as I personally consider it a must have for the games section of an ecosystem. If it runs great on Lumia 720 and above I too would definitely pay money for this! Consistent support and good reviews would also be great!

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Damn, this sounds like a good idea! But I do rather it on my computer. But with the moga controllers that came out, it'd be nice to see the capabilities of windows phone being pushed to it's max! :)

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
PSX and N64 Emulators are cool but have to be compatible with a controller of some sort. I have tried without a control on Android and that is a nightmare!

DiegoGee

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I could begin development but dont know if worths the work.

Gosh, that would be... I could kiss if you somehow pulled it off. But, I understand that it will be a hell amount of work to get a PS1 Emulator working on a windows phone, and to make it even close to decent. Although, if you got it working at a smooth frame rate, I'd actually be willing to pay much more than the other emulators, and I'm saying maybe even twenty dollars or more.
Maybe its even impossible to do that though. Maybe you should do something like a GBA emulator, but for lower phones than 920? I don't know, I'm just throwing around ideas. The N64 emulator idea sounds great, I'd pay for that, hopefully you can get whatever you make with smooth gameplay. Good luck!:winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro