Instant Music Search - New Music Search App

miltonkes

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
After spending some time on it, I have finally released my first app on the WP App store.

Its called Instant Music Search, and is basically an extension to the native music player onboard WP. The App provides the option to search for your music on your phone using a similar interface that the Xbox player has built in, and then play your songs directly from the app. We are using the native player to play the music, but this way, you never have to leave the app.

Please take a minute to test the app out, and provide any feedback that you guys can. I am hoping it will be a useful app for a lot of the users out there, and my main reason for creating it was the frustration with the native player. I did not want to create a new player, but just add the search functionality to the native one...

Instant Music Search

Finally on Windows Phone! Instant Music Search lets you search your entire music library on your phone, and play songs directly from the app.

The built in music player lacks search functionality, and this can be very frustrating when you have to scroll through thousands of songs. This app provides the much needed functionality in a clean minimalistic interface.

Features:

Search option allows you to search music by song name, artist name and album name.
Direct music playback through the app. Just search and listen.
Provides the traditional alphabetical search option within the app.
User friendly interface.
More features coming soon!

miltonkes

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
Did anyone else have a chance to try the app yet? Would love to hear some ideas on improvements (or just words of encouragement :) ) for the app.

Thanks as always.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,
Did anyone else have a chance to try the app yet? Would love to hear some ideas on improvements (or just words of encouragement :) ) for the app.

Thanks as always.

I don't know if you saw the stars and comments in the store but you are doing a really great job:

[h=4]Reviews[/h]

• by Rohan 5/13/2013
    Love it!!

• by Santhosh 5/11/2013
    Cool!

• by Merwan 5/11/2013
    Awesome app, does exactly what it says. Kudos!

• by rajat 5/11/2013
    Its finally here. Can't believe the native player has lacked this functionality. Amazing app, doesn't even feel like I am on a different app. 5 stars

They all gave you 5 stars!!!!

I would try you app for sure but for now I stream my music, I don't have any local music on my phone. As soon as I transfer some music, I will post back :)

ggonzalez777

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
One thing I would like to see changed is the use of upper case letters on the letter list. I like the look of lower case letters like the rest of the metro UI has. Also, could you have a playlist search? How about changing the background of the app with the last song's album art just to give the app some charm? Lastly, an "about" page in the app bar would be nice with the software rev and link for your email for feedback.

miltonkes

May 12, 2013
Visit site
One thing I would like to see changed is the use of upper case letters on the letter list. I like the look of lower case letters like the rest of the metro UI has. Also, could you have a playlist search? How about changing the background of the app with the last song's album art just to give the app some charm? Lastly, an "about" page in the app bar would be nice with the software rev and link for your email for feedback.

Thanks a lot for that. Some of them are easy to make. Will look into playlist search and changing background as well.

PS: There is an about button right now, but more like a help section. Easy enough to add a feedback link...

ggonzalez777

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
What's the difference between free and paid? I had a few more feedback items: 1. have a double wide tile with possibly the last song played on the secondary side. 2. Ability to create a playlist with songs searched. 3. Search by voice, maybe have mic icon in the app or even the ability to integrate it into the voice control with the start button. 4. Pin certain section of the app to the start screen. For instance, I search for songs more often than I do for albums, so I would like a direct link to the section to search songs. Other might only use search for artist, so for them they would pin the search artist section. For reference, check out the WP central app, where you can pin the forums section, or app section, etc.

ggonzalez777

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I updated and like the lower case a the info button. One thing I would like to see is an actual link for the email. Just to make it easier for the user. Otherwise nice job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12