Pocket File Manager. The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card! + 6 Clouds

hzarei

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
just bought this app... amazing... one of the best windows phone apps...
and about the new built in music player, can you add shuffle option and ability to play music in subfolders? ( i mean adding "Play" option to folder menus for playing all music files in that folder and it's subfolders)
thanks

brdloch

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Id3tag version higher than 2.3 is not yet supported

I have done some investigations with following results:

1) version 1 reading only, after editing is converted into version 2.3 and version 1 is erased

2) version 2.4 is read as empty, after editing is converted into version 2.3

3) reading Id3tags crashes sometimes after touching genre tag only.

It would be very nice to edit tag "comment" and to see Id3tags after touching of "Album Art" during playback.

P.S. DLNA support for audio and video playback is very welcomed.

Sent from my L625 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i'm your common user, i just bought the app, and i must tell that you did an excelent job, this app could easily be the default filemanager in wp, there's a feature i would like to ask: costumization/appereance, you know, having backgrounds, independant from the phone theme, i know it sounds childdish, but it's a feature that i, and i know a lot of others would like.

I also have a question about the available directories, since your app has high privileges, how come i can't see the ring tone folder?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i'm your common user, i just bought the app, and i must tell that you did an excelent job, this app could easily be the default filemanager in wp, there's a feature i would like to ask: costumization/appereance, you know, having backgrounds, independant from the phone theme, i know it sounds childdish, but it's a feature that i, and i know a lot of others would like.

I also have a question about the available directories, since your app has high privileges, how come i can't see the ring tone folder?

PFM had custom theme, but everyone asked me to make it more WP like to respect dark/light theme of phone. So I do not think I will update the whole theme of PFM in near future.
As about folders. Microsoft gave us permission to access only Pictures folder inside the phone and full access to SD card. Thats why you cannot see Ringtones or any other folders. I do not know how we can get more permissions as I spent more than 3 months getting current level :)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello all.

You might noticed that after editing mp3 tags the changes are not visible in Phone's media library or sometimes worse, some music files are look duplicated. This is not the bug of Pocket File Manager, but rather the way how Windows Phone media library works.

If made several changes in music files and want your media library to be in good share you should delete the file WPSettings.dat, located in hidden folder WPSystem, then restart the phone.

At this moment we have no way to force the phone to rescan media files.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello all.

You might noticed that after editing mp3 tags the changes are not visible in Phone's media library or sometimes worse, some music files are look duplicated. This is not the bug of Pocket File Manager, but rather the way how Windows Phone media library works.

If made several changes in music files and want your media library to be in good share you should delete the file WPSettings.dat, located in hidden folder WPSystem, then restart the phone.

At this moment we have no way to force the phone to rescan media files.

I've noticed that safely removing the SD card, rebooting the phone and let the phone find changes in a few minutes *usually* works, and it's faster than rescanning all files by removing that file.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I've a few other suggestions for your great app:
* ability to see size of a folder (including subfolders and all files)
* a simple select all option when you activate file selection mode

* also it would be nice if you add id3 tag editing also for m4a files.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I've a few other suggestions for your great app:
* ability to see size of a folder (including subfolders and all files)
* a simple select all option when you activate file selection mode

* also it would be nice if you add id3 tag editing also for m4a files.

Not everything could be done as PFM uses universal ability to work with file systems and not all cloud storages can report size of folders. If could be done for SD and internal storages, but not for cloud's. If this is acceptable, I can add it.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Not everything could be done as PFM uses universal ability to work with file systems and not all cloud storages can report size of folders. If could be done for SD and internal storages, but not for cloud's. If this is acceptable, I can add it.

Yes, it would be great if you add it for SD and internal storage.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
PFM doesn't have integrated video player like Moliplayer. Without custom decoding of video files it is impossible to send video to DLNA sources. And video playing is not a part of file manager, don't you think? :)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
New version just passed certification:

- Implemented password protection
- Music player now can read artist information from WMA files
- Implemented page to view information about folder. Size, files count and etc.
- Added option to play folder in player without entering folder.
- Added command to pin folder to play on main screen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion