07-16-2015 02:05 AM
675 ... 24252627
tools
    In last update some things were broken. Like uploading to clouds from SD card and zipping on SD Card.
    Fixed version posted to review and will be available soon.
    06-23-2014 04:27 AM
    I am really happy that I've found this app. I've already bought it and it works quite well, but I have one problem. When I start a FTP server and I connect with Filezilla to it on Windows 8.1 it works okay, but after some time the server stops responding or something, because the FTP client reports that it cannot reach the server anymore. I have set my phone (Lumia 520) to work under lock-screen (in PFM's settings) and Wi-Fi is on under lock-screen as well. What causes this problem? I would really appreciate your help.
    06-23-2014 09:57 AM
    I do not know. Keep wifi on and run under lockscreen are enought.
    how long did you keep it?
    06-23-2014 10:06 AM
    FTP server stops responding after a few transfers of files. Like after 3-5 minutes. Then I need to restart the FTP server and connect with FileZilla again. I've tried other FTP clients as well - the problem is on the server's side.
    06-23-2014 10:35 AM
    I sow such reports but it seems this is OS behavior, not PFM and I have no idea what to do with it
    06-23-2014 10:45 AM
    Hello ray!
    I was very busy last months (although I read all posts of this thread since that time) I didn't have chance to try 8.1 version.
    However, I installed 8.1 and pfm today. I just want to say it's great! Thank you so much.

By the way, may I ask how did you solved that issue in folder play app? (background player didn't have access to files)? Just wondering.
    06-26-2014 03:54 PM
    Hello ray!

By the way, may I ask how did you solved that issue in folder play app? (background player didn't have access to files)? Just wondering.
    Hi

Nothing super special. I was though that in 8.1 we can use same tech as in 8.0 to play music files by passing full path into background player. In 8.1 Microsoft updated a lot of things so you cannot access files directly as MUST use StorageFolder and StorageFile derived from Folder picker.
    All I did is make exchange of StorageFolder between foreground UI and background service and passing now StorageFile (not just full path) into the music player.
    Mahdi Ghiasi likes this.
    06-27-2014 02:24 AM
    Can't you use old PFM APIs for moving files and folders inside SD card? I understand the limitations of new API, but if you can implement moving with old permissions that you had, it would be great.
    06-27-2014 03:33 AM
    Can't you use old PFM APIs for moving files and folders inside SD card? I understand the limitations of new API, but if you can implement moving with old permissions that you had, it would be great.
    Nope. But I am still looking for better way to manage it and it seems that I found something that can help me to fix it.
    Will give more information later
    Mahdi Ghiasi likes this.
    06-27-2014 04:14 AM
    Without reading 633 posts I wonder why the local folders are in ROOT directory? I feel it a bit confusing.

06-27-2014 07:25 PM
    In last update I have managed to make actual MOVE operation within SD card.
    Mahdi Ghiasi likes this.
    06-28-2014 04:18 AM
    Without reading 633 posts I wonder why the local folders are in ROOT directory? I feel it a bit confusing.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/28/utu5a3uv.png
    Why? It is application local storage
    06-28-2014 04:18 AM
    In last update I have managed to make actual MOVE operation within SD card.
    Thanks! Although, yesterday I moved a few gigabytes of files using the old method. :)
    06-28-2014 04:59 AM
    Update is coming. Both 8.0 and 8.1 versions of PFM.

Updated support for box.com. Now uploading should work (after box.com recent API changes).
    06-28-2014 08:25 AM
    rsd.png

July 17th July 23rd is a Red Stripe Deal for Pocket File Manager! 50% off sale!!! Do not miss it :)
    07-02-2014 02:55 AM
    image.jpgDo not miss it!
    ​Pocket File Manager is 50% off for one week!
    07-18-2014 12:48 PM
    Why is pocket file manager running in the background, even after I turned off background tasks. From what the battery saver app told me, its using up most of my power. Once I deleted it :'( then my battery started to last nearly twice as long.
    07-25-2014 10:18 PM
    PFM has no background task. I have no idea what battery saver is reporting to you.
    tardismatrix22 likes this.
    07-30-2014 05:36 AM
    Hello,

I am a WP7.5 user and cannot upgrade to any other.

I need to delete a lot of videos that got automatically downloaded via WhatsApp. Also, the ability to manage my files as one does in an explorer would be a great help.

From what I have read, your product shall do exactly that.

*** However, can I even dream of it working / being available at Market for use in a device running Mango in India?

If I am able to instal and use it, you would have made my Phone Life so less miserable than what it is now.

Thanks a tonne for the effort,

Ra.
    08-06-2014 10:51 PM
    Hello to all users of Pocket File manager!

As "smart" developers at Microsoft changed their OneDrive REST SDK and changed it in the way that nothing works right now :) I will be able to update Pocket File Manager only after one or two weeks. I am also currently in the process of moving to new place.

So please be patient. I will update OneDrive support as soon as possible!

Thank you
    09-05-2014 03:29 AM
    Hi, quick question for you.

I have bought your app mainly for getting video files onto the SD card via FTP. I have tried several time to transfer files but I can't transfer anything over 180mb. Is this a limitation of the wp8 or something I am missing?
    09-21-2014 02:05 AM
    Nope.
    No limitation. Did you enable "run under lockscreen" for long operations?
    09-21-2014 03:10 AM
    Hi. I'm running the trial version of Pocket File Manager 5.1.6.0 on Windows Phone 8.1. I use a Nokia Lumia 620. Overall I like the app, but there's something that doesn't make sense to me:

Firstly, when I'm in the Root folder, it doesn't show the drives on my phone as I see them when the phone is plugged into my computer. On my computer I see "Phone" and "SD card". I don't know why I have to go to "Add provider" to be able to see these folders.

Secondly, when I go to "Add provider", I can't simply add the whole "Phone" folder to the file browser. I guess it's because Microsoft won't let you see everything in the "Phone" folder anyway. That's not fair of them.

Thirdly, it doesn't show my phone directory as it is on my computer. It shows the SD card at the bottom of the list as if it were within the "Phone" folder, when really the SD card is seen beside the Phone folder in the directory when I look at it on my computer.

Thanx in advance for your help.
    10-02-2014 07:16 PM
    These issues related to Windows Phone 8.1, not PFM. Developers have no control over how WP shows list of available folders and SD card. You have to live with it :)
    10-04-2014 04:46 AM
    Hi Ray!

I remember you were going to implement some hidden mechanism in order to accessing hidden files (WPSystem folder specially) with old API access you had a while ago.
    Did you created it? Or did it cancelled?
    10-04-2014 06:58 PM
675 ... 24252627