Pocket File Manager. The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card! + 6 Clouds

ardaozkal

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
re: Pocket File Manager (The only application with FTP Server and File Manager)

Hello as i see it is only English. Turkish People spends thousands virtually. But they care about the language. I can translate it to Turkish.

Mail Removed

Sent from my Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Hi
The translation process is not an easy process and every update of app requires update of translation files. If you can do it , I can send you texts for translation.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Hi Ray

yes, the music file i saved from my email gets saved into root of local storage, as a rar file, i unpack it, and it creates a sunfolder folder named after the file in local storage, i click into that folder, and i took a screenshot (attached) of the context menu that came up when i pressed and hold on the mp3 file, just to show you what the options were - many thanks

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131020_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20131020_0001.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 4

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

ahh, ignore my above post i didnt see the more recent posts! :)

edit: update works great, cheers!

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Nope. This wont help you as you cannot edit document files directly in pocket file manager. You can open files , but not save the changes back. You have to save as copy into phone memory or skydrive.
i know this soungs awful, but thmats it is. The real windows phone. Not for business :)

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the answer.

So you are saying,
1. I can use desktop Explorer to transfer several folders (each with many MS Words & Excel & PDF files) into phone
2. I can use Pocket File Manager to navigate into these different folders, locate any particular file (Words or Excel or PDF) and view them?

The only thing I couldn't do is Edit? Am I correct?

Last edited:

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the answer.

So you are saying,
1. I can use desktop Explorer to transfer several folders (each with many MS Words & Excel & PDF files) into phone
2. I can use Pocket File Manager to navigate into these different folders, locate any particular file (Words or Excel or PDF) and view them?

The only thing I couldn't do is Edit? Am I correct?

Hi,
1) Yes. What i do is to .rar/.zip all the subfolders i want with doc files and transfer them to sd in other folder(if you dont have sd you do the same with skydrive). Through pocket file manager i copy that .rar to phone memory and after you unrar you have all your folder in phone memory. You can rename, move files to other folder etc.
2)Yes, you can edit those docs but you can only save the edited file in phone's office or skydrive.

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Hi.

1) Why do you need to first copy the files to SD card and from SD card, to phone memory? Why not directly use Explorer to copy & paste into phone?

2) Can all these files be stored in phone under different folders?

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Hi.

1) Why do you need to first copy the files to SD card and from SD card, to phone memory? Why not directly use Explorer to copy & paste into phone?

2) Can all these files be stored in phone under different folders?

1) You cant do that, its wp8 limitation. Even if you transfer your files from your pc to phone memory, no 3rd party app can read them. Only the apps that open those files.
Pocket can read the sd so with this trick you can easily transfer your files.

2) No, only way is to save them to skydrive (you have that option in office) and download them again with pocket file manager. Skydrive is fully supported in pocket.

I suggest you try the trial version and play with it for a while. You can do a lot of things with this app.

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

2) No, only way is to save them to skydrive (you have that option in office) and download them again with pocket file manager. Skydrive is fully supported in pocket.

I suggest you try the trial version and play with it for a while. You can do a lot of things with this app.

Thanks.

1. I gave it a try and copied some several types of files (Words, Excel, PDF) to an SD card
2. Pocket File can see PDF files listed but not Words or Excel.
3. Trying to open the PDF files in the SD card wouldn't work.
4. Since only PDF can be seen, can only copy & paste PDF to a separate folder in phone.
5. Now in phone, can open these PDF files but only using Pocket Files and not Office.
6. Using Office, I can't locate even these PDF file in phone.

I need a way to handle Words and Excels etc using Office. I need these files residing inside the phone because I often in areas with no access to Internet. Please advise. Thanks again

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks.

1. I gave it a try and copied some several types of files (Words, Excel, PDF) to an SD card
2. Pocket File can see PDF files listed but not Words or Excel.
3. Trying to open the PDF files in the SD card wouldn't work.
4. Since only PDF can be seen, can only copy & paste PDF to a separate folder in phone.
5. Now in phone, can open these PDF files but only using Pocket Files and not Office.
6. Using Office, I can't locate even these PDF file in phone.

I need a way to handle Words and Excels etc using Office. I need these files residing inside the phone because I often in areas with no access to Internet. Please advise. Thanks again

Pocket cant read doc files from sd. Thats why i do the trick with zip. Zip your files and then copy the zip to sd. Pocket will read the zip and then you can copy it to phone memory. After you unpack it you will see the doc files!

You can open your pdf files with other app, i am using adobe reader because pocket's pdf reader is slow. Long tap on the pdf file on your phone's memory and choose "in phone"!

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

1)

Can you please elaborate more on this Subfolder creation issue?

I have since purchased the apps and and I can put the file into phone memory, including Words doc. I can also open those docs using Pocket File. But I couldn't find those files in Office so couldn't use Office to view/edit.

So how do I get Office to be able to find/view/edit those document?

Thanks again

Last edited:

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Can you please elaborate more on this Subfolder creation issue?

I have since purchased the apps and and I can put the file into phone memory, including Words doc. I can also open those docs using Pocket File. But I couldn't find those files in Office so couldn't use Office to view/edit.

So how do I get Office to be able to find/view/edit those document?

Thanks again

When you open a doc file through pocket, this file opens with Office. Only Office can read doc files. If you edit it, press save and it will ask you to save it in phone or skydrive.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pocked FTP Server (The only application with FTP Server and File Manager) (free for limited time

Hello.

This app was developer as FTP server first, thats why it has such name. After that we added support for cloud storages to easily copy files between them.
Accessing photo library as virtual folders is only available options right now, and only as read only. Apps has no access to videos, except apps from vendors like NOOKIA and etc. I have no idea why they put such restrictions among with hundred other restrictions! Believe me, if it could possible, we would implement it.

We are considering right now about downloader feature. Cannot promise it will be in next release, but definitely it will be available! (I need it too as user of app :) )
To transfer files, you can take them from FTP Server already.

The API to ID_CAP_MEDIALIB_VIDEO is documented since WP8 released but never worked.

It is documented here How to upgrade an app project to Windows Phone 8 but not way to use it.Nokia some how managed to do this with them video tools.

More details... The ID_CAP_MEDIALIB_VIDEO is not avaliable

Capability
ID_MEDIALIB
Replaced with one or more of the following:

• ID_CAP_MEDIALIB_AUDIO
  • ID_CAP_MEDIALIB_VIDEO
  • ID_CAP_MEDIALIB_PHOTO

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Nokia is Vendor. They have so-called Vendor SDK, not the "Mortal" SDK we all have.

Last edited:

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

When you open a doc file through pocket, this file opens with Office. Only Office can read doc files. If you edit it, press save and it will ask you to save it in phone or skydrive.

Hi. I have managed to put a few Excel files into my phone's Local Storage using Pocket File Manager. Like you said, it can be opened using Mobile Office. When trying to edit those Excel files, some could be edited but some couldn't. Can you please tell me how to solve this? Thanks.

But the same Excel file I transfer to phone using Skydrive could.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Strange situation. If file can be edited in office, it doesnt matter how you open it. Through skydrive or local storage. If you have simple file, without important data, and can share it with me. I can check it

Goomba13

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

First, I want to say that this application is really amazing and that I use it a lot. The only problem is that I recently had to switch to Copy.com as my main sync. provider and this app does not support it. They have a Windows Phone application, but it lacks lots of functionality that Pocket File Manager has. I can see that the developer of this app also discovered this :). The documentation about their API is here. Currently, the only app that use their API and is similar to Pocket File Manager is Woopiti, but again, it lacks some functionality that Pocket File Manager has, such as file downloading. I only want to ask if the developer have some interest in this. I really love Pocket File Manager and I want to continue using it, there is no application as good as this.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05