Pocket File Manager. The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card! + 6 Clouds

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
re: Pocket File Manager (The only application with FTP Server and File Manager)

How did you set your yahoo in Windows phone?

To be totally frank, I couldn't exactly recall. All I did when I got my new phone was, I just follow the instruction that's being displayed when first switching it on. Since then, I have not tried to set up any other email account.

My vague memory tells me, I selected Yahoo, entered my username and password and that's all.

Sorry

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

In this case you should check Yahoo web site on how to setup Yahoo SMTP email. They should provide you URL to server, port number, SSL required or not.

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

I finally got it working but could only for small sized file. I tried sending a file of <3MB and it failed. Is there a limit to attachment size?

The setting I used was:
Mail Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Require SSL
Port 465

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Hi
I notice one of the larger (>1MBs) PDF files containing photos has some problem after being unpacked into phone memory. The texts are fine but some of the photos are missing. Is PFM's unpacking not compatible with any PDF created by any particular version of Acrobat Professional? Thanks

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

1. I compress my pc files using rar. I ddouble checked files in this rar are fine.
2. I transfer rar to sd card
3. I transfer the rar to phone memory
4. I unpack. Some photos in the pdf files are missing. Seems like during the unpacking, some photos went missing.
Please advise.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Check this file with Adobe reader, not with internal preview.

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Check this file with Adobe reader, not with internal preview.

Didn't know one can have a choice of PDF reader. Thanks for info.

I tried and yes, Abode Reader can display the photos but not the PFM's own PDF reader.

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Hi.
I have another request. When sending a file from phone using email through PFM, we need to manually enter the recipient's email address. Would it be possible to extract the recipient's email address from phone contact? I am sure not many of us could remember other people's email address off hand.

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Hi Gus,

I am trying to access pictures over FTP which are in my camera roll but I am unable to do this.
Is this a known limitation.

Regards,
:devil:

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Did you enable Pictures to be available in FTP server mode in application settings?

Lightrain

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

I tried to transfer media to the music hub with PFM and it seems PFM always appends .mp3 as the extension.
My MP3 did get in fine this way, but does not display album art. (It displays album art fine if I transfer via cable). Could this be somehow fixed or is it OS limitation?
Also my WMA got renamed to .mp3 (and does not display album art). Could we append .wma as extension and still be able to save it to the hub? And same question for MP4 files.

If I understand this correctly the API only allows .mp3 to be saved to the hub, and not wma, mp4 or any other extensions, is it?
If that's not the case, could you please add support for the other extensions?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

About picture library. What do you mean you cannot access it in FTP? You cannot see library or cannot see pictures?

about .mp3. Unfortunately OS adds .mp3 extension to any file save to music library.

Lightrain

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

So the album art missing when transfering like that is an OS limitation also?

And how about adding access to the music hub folder?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Have no idea about album art. But as I know OS only adds extension to the file and do not touch content.
And about access o music library. I wrote once about it.
Why do you need a simple list of music file when you cannot operate with them? You only can delete (same you can do in Music hub) and add.
The only action available is play. I really see no reason on this, but will think about it. Also I am worrying that I will receive millions of emails asking why you cannot copy music from this list :)

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

About picture library. What do you mean you cannot access it in FTP? You cannot see library or cannot see pictures?

about .mp3. Unfortunately OS adds .mp3 extension to any file save to music library.

This is what I mean by unable to access.

Untitled.png

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

And? Where did you clicked and received this error? File? Up folder? Please be more specific when reporting error

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster