Pocket File Manager. The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card! + 6 Clouds

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pocket File Manager (The only application with FTP Server and File Manager)

Sorry but I cannot see any other problems with it right now.
Try different FTP clients

MaXi32

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶F̶T̶P̶ ̶S̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶o̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶2̶ ̶f̶i̶e̶l̶d̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶n̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶a̶s̶s̶w̶o̶r̶d̶.̶ ̶A̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶I̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶'̶U̶R̶L̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶'̶?̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶F̶T̶P̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶h̶o̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶b̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶t̶u̶r̶e̶.̶ ̶ ̶ ̶O̶K̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶U̶R̶L̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶?̶ ̶I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶I̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶F̶T̶P̶ ̶S̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶n̶s̶f̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶p̶h̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶C̶o̶m̶p̶u̶t̶e̶r̶?̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶W̶P̶ ̶d̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶F̶T̶P̶ ̶S̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶.̶ ̶I̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶?̶ ̶P̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶y̶.̶

Ok I got it. It's an FTP transfer between computer and phone...

Last edited:

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Just wan to inform you that in last update Pocket File Manager got optimizations for big screen of Lumia 1520!

ardaozkal

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

The online Services bother me, can't we hide them while wifi and cellular isnt connected or we should be able to group(I meant a menu shows the list) them, so they can stay together...

Sent from my Lumia 620 using Tapatalk Lumia 620 ile tapatalk aracılığıyla g?nderilmiştir.

anon(4086706)

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Hello,

First I want to say this is the very first app I bought on my stay at the WP8 platform (my Lumia 620 was bought two days ago) :)

Anyways, Not sure if this is answered already. But is there any way to mass add multiple music files to the library? I tried copying files from Skydrive and onto the Local Drive thinking I can somehow add them onto the Music+Video but the process is not automatic.

Appreciated the response.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Hi
At this moment batch adding is not yet supported. Only file by file.

ardaozkal

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

1. I am thinking about it. Not a problem to implement. I just don't understand why? You can start playing music in music hub as well as delete it . No additional features could be implemented in PFM for music as we (developers) has no direct access to music files.

2. About video files. There is no way to SEND file to another application. Only ask System to open file with supported extension. Yxplayer should implement this feature to accept video files and subtitle files. Of course we have a limitation here. Application cannot overwrite system reserved extensions like .mp4 and so on. So Yxplayer must register its own extension, for example .yxp. You, as user, rename files by adding .yxp to the name of file (myvideo.mp4 to myvideo.mp4.ypx) and open it from PFM.

Pocket File Manager registered special extension .cfs. So any application can open file in PFM by adding this extension to the file name.

very old thread but, does .cfs work for "web downloads"?
This would Help us uploading files...

Sent from my lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

.cfs is the official PFM extension, so yes, it will work with browser too.

To avoid questions why CFS, not PFM.
I was though that it would be good to create universal extension (Common File extenSion) so any applications can exchange files. As windows phone prevents us from being good users :) we can do something to make our live better. For example any app can register to cfs and later wait for files.
For example one app receive only .doc files. So other app can rename "example.doc" to "example.doc.cfs" and ask phone to open it, other app when receive such file will remove .cfs and check for original extension and if it suits this app, save it or do whatever its want .

But unfortunately I did not found developers who interested in this idea.

Goomba13

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

Hi! I wanted to ask if there are plans of implementing some cloud support further than standard providers. I'm talking about things like WebDAV or remote FTP servers: this are used a lot in business/work servers. I constantly need to use WebDAV (and sometimes also FTP) for accessing some files and the WebDAV browsers in the marketplace are just broken. If this was in PFM I'd be so grateful :love:. Are there any plans about this?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

PFM already support WebDav. Yandex Disk uses this protocol, but as always there is strandard and standard :) every cloud has its own tricks. Thats why it is so hard to make universal access

ardaozkal

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

.cfs is the official PFM extension, so yes, it will work with browser too.

To avoid questions why CFS, not PFM.
I was though that it would be good to create universal extension (Common File extenSion) so any applications can exchange files. As windows phone prevents us from being good users :) we can do something to make our live better. For example any app can register to cfs and later wait for files.
For example one app receive only .doc files. So other app can rename "example.doc" to "example.doc.cfs" and ask phone to open it, other app when receive such file will remove .cfs and check for original extension and if it suits this app, save it or do whatever its want .

But unfortunately I did not found developers who interested in this idea.

Im interested now...

I might make a pfm download browser ;) add a filter to The file receiver, like if its content starts with pfmdownload, it would remove The pfmdownload part and download The remaining link ;)

contact me: aoapp@outlook.com

Sent from my lumia 625 using Tapatalk

tussharbhalla

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

Can you please tell how to view and share the downloaded files from pocket file manager .....rply fast m confused weather to buy it

lantern20

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site

Hello Ray,
I had asked earlier in the thread about password protected files, I hadn't seen a response. Does PFM support password protected zip or 7z files? If so, what type of encryption?

Thanks!

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Nope. No support for password protected archives yet, but could be implemented later

lantern20

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site

Ok, thanks. It would be a great addition!

And thanks for the great app!

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Just popping up this thread and want to inform you that new version currently in development process.

And now you will get long awaited features:

+ Access to video files
+ Access to high resolution photos on Lumia's 1020/1520
+ Full access to media library. That is, you can now delete images and videos from media library.

+ Could be possible, but cannot guarantee to be in next release. Full access to SD Card.

ardaozkal

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Just popping up this thread and want to inform you that new version currently in development process.

And now you will get long awaited features:

+ Access to video files
+ Access to high resolution photos on Lumia's 1020/1520
+ Full access to media library. That is, you can now delete images and videos from media library.

+ Could be possible, but cannot guarantee to be in next release. Full access to SD Card.

Oh YEAAAAAA! SO MUCH THX 8.1!!!!!

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pocket File Manager (The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card!)

Hello everybody! Good news. Pocket File Manager just posted to review to be included in marketplace.

Version 4.0 brings you these:

- Full access to Pictures folder inside Phone's memory. That includes pictures and video files and even high resolution files on Lumia's 1020/1520/Icon. But you are not limited by these types of files. You can store there whatever you want! That is, any type of files. Good news that you can also store document files and open them through PFM in Office in full access mode!
- Full access to whole SD card! Some folder cannot not be deleted, like Pictures, Music, Documents, Videos. But you can delete any files inside of them!
- Both Phone's memory and SD card also accessible through FTP Server.

Because now you have full access to file system, (not the whole disk of course) be careful with what you are doing! There is no Recycle bin! You cannot restore deleted files! Please do not post here if you accidentally deleted pictures of video files! We cannot restore them for you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon