Pocket File Manager. The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card! + 6 Clouds

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Pocket File Manager (The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card!)

FTP is not working. I am on the same network. when i put the address(192.168.1.2:21) after starting the server, it shows that page is not available. What am i missing here?

you need to purchase the app to be able to use ftp. And if you have purchased it, i guess i know what's wrong. Open 'computer', 'my computer', 'file manager' whatever on your windows pc. Then type "ftp://192.168....." (the initial stuff is necessary) it would work then. But if you haven't purchased it, then you wont be able to open/copy/paste any files.

Srvgodara

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pocket File Manager (The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card!)

you need to purchase the app to be able to use ftp. And if you have purchased it, i guess i know what's wrong. Open 'computer', 'my computer', 'file manager' whatever on your windows pc. Then type "ftp://192.168....." (the initial stuff is necessary) it would work then. But if you haven't purchased it, then you wont be able to open/copy/paste any files.
I have purchased version.. on my phone it show connection established just for a second and disconnects.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

Tha thing happenned with me too, but i presumed it is because i haven't purchased, it says if you haven't purchased it then you cant do file operations. but i could view files names. Maybe ask mr ray, or first try to uninstall and reinstall. Don't worry, you wont have to pay again (as long as you've bought it from the store)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

About double or triple photos. PFM has nothing to do with it. I have 1520 and never got this behavior. Also I never use SkyDrive backup as it saving only 5mpx images and skipping high resolution.

Now about FTP. Try to use FTP client, not explorer or browser. FileZilla is totally free

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Also about double triple images. Did you check the actual name of file? It is impossible that filles have same name in same folder.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

Also about double triple images. Did you check the actual name of file? It is impossible that filles have same name in same folder.
this happens a hell lot of times in my pictures and music library, with no skydrive sync and no Xbox music, but never happened to my files on skydri

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

This application has corrupted my memory card... I don't know why this is caused, i just open the app and suddenly ph restarts automatically and stuked at Nokia logo, then i restart it by removing the memory card and when i connected card to my pc then it comes to my notice that this app has corrupted it.....

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

What? This app cannot corrupt your SD card if you do nothing with it by yourself.

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

What? This app cannot corrupt your SD card if you do nothing with it by yourself.

Brother i have done nothing with it, just trying the application and exploring the sd card and while doing exploring all that just **** happens...

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

Brother i have done nothing with it, just trying the application and exploring the sd card and while doing exploring all that just **** happens...

guri ji just format your card and try then. It must be something else, the app worked perfectly for me. But it shouldn't have crashed as you said. Still, try a format AFTER unticking 'quick format' after connecting sd card to pc.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately i did not check anymore the file names of the images that got synced and saved to my OneDrive account. I was surprised all of a sudden there were duplicates/triplicates. Then I started deleting as I didn't see the need to have them. I've done a few reboots on the phone and still I have no issues. I might just install again the app to see if it will generate such.

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

guri ji just format your card and try then. It must be something else, the app worked perfectly for me. But it shouldn't have crashed as you said. Still, try a format AFTER unticking 'quick format' after connecting sd card to pc.

Brother i have tried all means to format the card, but not getting success over it, one software which i used for formatting that the disk is write protected, so i am guessing that my card is corrupted..

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Brother i have tried all means to format the card, but not getting success over it, one software which i used for formatting that the disk is write protected, so i am guessing that my card is corrupted..

You need special software to format the card on a PC. If you have a old Nokia Symbian phone its easier because they can format these SD standards.
In my own experience SD cards is a somewhat shaky tech and Microsoft wanted originally create a standard to improve the quality of these cards, but it never happened. 2 exactly the same SD cards may have different speed results.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

i guess i can explain it. It happens that sometimes, with very bad luck, if an sd card is undergoing a write operation and somehow that operation is interrupted, and if by very bad luck it happened when a critical write function was being executed, then any storage can get its write sector corrupted. Imagine, you're entering some data to the write sector of a card and power goes off, the write sector wasn't made to the useable form so its destroyed. In your case, very unluckily, when you opened the app, it was doing some write operation and your phone did its usual once in a week crash (wp is super stable, but many people report weekly crashes :p it never bothered me), and bang, two bad coincidence and you get a corrupted memory card.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

i guess I've explained your problem now... That is the reason windows on pc asks you to 'safely remove' devices before ejecting, so that you font eject it during critical operations. But this is the first time I'm actually seeing a card getting corrupted because of it. But is is possible, and now I'm pretty sure that that is the reason

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

i guess i can explain it. It happens that sometimes, with very bad luck, if an sd card is undergoing a write operation and somehow that operation is interrupted, and if by very bad luck it happened when a critical write function was being executed, then any storage can get its write sector corrupted. Imagine, you're entering some data to the write sector of a card and power goes off, the write sector wasn't made to the useable form so its destroyed. In your case, very unluckily, when you opened the app, it was doing some write operation and your phone did its usual once in a week crash (wp is super stable, but many people report weekly crashes :p it never bothered me), and bang, two bad coincidence and you get a corrupted memory card.

i guess I've explained your problem now... That is the reason windows on pc asks you to 'safely remove' devices before ejecting, so that you font eject it during critical operations. But this is the first time I'm actually seeing a card getting corrupted because of it. But is is possible, and now I'm pretty sure that that is the reason

Hi,

Did you consider formatting your SD card in exFAT instead of FAT32 ?

It solved all my problems for me, and also today someone else confirmed to me it has solved his issue of data corruption aswel.

I found it very weird at first because exFAT doesn't have journaling like NTFS, so data corruption would still occur in exFAT aswel.
BUT I did test it out a couple of weeks ago, and haven't had a single issue since. I still use exFAT, and will keep on using it for sure.

Normally they say exFAT is only "needed" for 32GB and larger cards, but really that is "bull", because all sd cards benefit from the improved file management. I use a 16GB class 10 card with exFAT, and as said it solved a lot of issues on my phone, just like that.

Also thinking you would be better off with a faster card (f.e. class 10 vs. class 2), you'd be wrong, because the FAT32 file system has the same limitations and data maintenance issues regardless of the "class" of your card, so data corruption would occur the same. It is not the card itself or its "speed" causing data corruption, but the file system in use, because that is what manages and maintains the data.

When using FAT32 I had data corruption regularly, large video files either wouldn't copy to the sd card or wouldn't play correctly, had double files (mostly images), etc...
After changing to exFAT all those things went away for me.

That is because although exFAT doesn't have journaling, it DOES manage and maintain data a lot better than FAT32, especially handling of very large files (like high res. movies), and when having lots and lots of small files (like images) data corruption occurs less often.
Couple years ago exFAT was less popular because of lack of support on a lot of devices and for a lot of applications, but that has been overcome by now.

Although I cannot guarantee it will be the solution for you, you could give it a go, because for me it made a world of difference.

When formatting in exFAT, be sure to use the "smallest" file allocation unit size (4096 bytes!).

Take it or leave it, but if you backup your data, you really have nothing to loose except maybe half an hour of your time. :smile:

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

You solution MIGHT work, because what you're doing is changing the file system, which means giving a damn to what's written already over it and writing a new file system. So the corrupted file system might get overlapped by a new file system, sounds nice. But I'm still not sure it might happen with a card which hasn't got a working file system (his data didn't get corrupted, his sd card got corrupted) and to a lesser extent, I'm still skeptical about changing the file system of an sd card :p (I'd love to change mine to exFAT but don't wanna take risks :p you see, mine is wokring fine :p). But yeah, guri can try it for sure !

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

You solution MIGHT work, because what you're doing is changing the file system, which means giving a damn to what's written already over it and writing a new file system. So the corrupted file system might get overlapped by a new file system, sounds nice. But I'm still not sure it might happen with a card which hasn't got a working file system (his data didn't get corrupted, his sd card got corrupted) and to a lesser extent, I'm still skeptical about changing the file system of an sd card :p (I'd love to change mine to exFAT but don't wanna take risks :p you see, mine is wokring fine :p). But yeah, guri can try it for sure !

I did that for my 16GB SCcard. And never had issues since.
the issues were : data corruption/video lag or craching when playing large moviefiles/some don't even play.

Solution :
Backup all data

Format : exFAT (not NTFS)
UAS : smallest allocation unit (4096 bytes)

uncheck "quickformat"

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Mr. Ray, there's a problem. When i zoom into an image more than a particular value, AND remove my fingers from the screen, the image goes black the moment i leave the screen. I can scroll and pan etc without leaving the screen, but the moment i take my hands off the screen, the images go black ! Then i have to press back and open that image again. Please check this issue ! Mine is 520 and the images were saved in the local storage of the app. This issue was only with some pics, and none of them was more than 300-400kb.
Another, some pics don't open at all ! They keep showing the grey screen other pics show while there's loading. They were also just 200-300kb pics.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

I know it. This bug will be fixed in next release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077