Pocket File Manager. The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card! + 6 Clouds

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Pocket File Manager (The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card!)

(I didn't read the 100s of comments above)
I was skeptical that this App would be a real file explorer, but it seems to be true. Has anyone found any missing basic features?

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Pocket File Manager (The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card!)

(I didn't read the 100s of comments above)
I was skeptical that this App would be a real file explorer, but it seems to be true. Has anyone found any missing basic features?
none !! It's truly great !

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

Would be nice if you give permission from Microsoft to force refresh Photos and Music library, because for example when I manage files in pictures folder, changes are not visible in photos app until I pull out and re insert my SD card.

also, adding ability to edit music metadata (album, artist, genre, ...) and album art would make the app even better.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Do you have any idea who in MS I should contact to try getting this access privilege?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Would be nice if you give permission from Microsoft to force refresh Photos and Music library, because for example when I manage files in pictures folder, changes are not visible in photos app until I pull out and re insert my SD card.

also, adding ability to edit music metadata (album, artist, genre, ...) and album art would make the app even better.

I will check this. I know that WP did not refresh its library after you made changes through PFM. It could take time before it does and I doubt that there is any API available for that.

birgs

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

Hope because we can't manage photos to move to other folder. Example,the pulis who have cover different crime scene using Windows Phone camera ,,they want to move all those photos on one folder.

birgs

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

those tv reporter need windows phone recorder app, but it is completely lack on Windows phone. they want to send it to different devices but they can't.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Hope because we can't manage photos to move to other folder. Example,the pulis who have cover different crime scene using Windows Phone camera ,,they want to move all those photos on one folder.

Is Pulis a special branch of law enforcement? What country?

birgs

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

I just think like that I am not pulis

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

If someone has music and videos stored on the phone storage (not SD card), will he be able to manage them via PFM?

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

Yeah I've noticed too library doesn't refresh until i restart the phone. But I've been waiting and looking madly for the other option (metadata editing), please get it if you can !

ardaozkal

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I've noticed too library doesn't refresh until i restart the phone. But I've been waiting and looking madly for the other option (metadata editing), please get it if you can !

+1

Sent from my lumia 625 using Tapatalk

ardaozkal

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Is there a web browser coming? ;)

birgs

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

Is there a web browser coming? ;)

No until developer can build their own
native browser optimismize directly to hardware not IE itself.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

Mr ray, the other day i had someone sending me 20 pdfs via Bluetooth. Obviously he selected all and sent. I kept pressing yes. After all recieved, i clicked on the 'open' button which opened the last pdf recieved through adobe reader. But then i realised, because pdf is not a Microsoft format, so only those files are saved which are opened via an app too. So if i had to save all those files, i would have had to recieve them one by one, which can get frustrating. What i was asking is, could you get a 'recieve via bluetooth' functionality in your app ? I mean which would recieve files, and save all to a decided folder ? Would also be very helpful if we want to recieve files which cannot be opened by any app (maybe some file which we just want to send to our pc later). Is it possible ?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Mr ray, the other day i had someone sending me 20 pdfs via Bluetooth. Obviously he selected all and sent. I kept pressing yes. After all recieved, i clicked on the 'open' button which opened the last pdf recieved through adobe reader. But then i realised, because pdf is not a Microsoft format, so only those files are saved which are opened via an app too. So if i had to save all those files, i would have had to recieve them one by one, which can get frustrating. What i was asking is, could you get a 'recieve via bluetooth' functionality in your app ? I mean which would recieve files, and save all to a decided folder ? Would also be very helpful if we want to recieve files which cannot be opened by any app (maybe some file which we just want to send to our pc later). Is it possible ?

There is one problem with BT in Windows Phone. You cannot be the server. You can connect to other devices from applications, but you cannot do vice versa.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

There is one problem with BT in Windows Phone. You cannot be the server. You can connect to other devices from applications, but you cannot do vice versa.

bad ! :p Maybe had something to do with the Microsoft pattern of not allowing apps too much freedom. Anyway, thanks for considering, and for saving my time (i might have started looking for ways to code it when i get free in a few months :)))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)