Pocket File Manager. The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card! + 6 Clouds

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Pocket File Manager (The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card!)

Unfortunately there is no way to do it. Phone itself decided which app to use. I write to Moliplayer developers to implement protocol to play video files directly in Moliplayer without copying it to Moliplayer local storage, but it seems they do not care about it at all :)

moliplayer has permissions from microsoft regarding opening videos without copying right ? Hasn't pmf got that ? Wouldn't it be nice if it could play videos without copying ?
Anyway, nice app mr ray, and great support ! WP needs developers like you ! :)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pocket File Manager (The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card!)

moliplayer has permissions from microsoft regarding opening videos without copying right ? Hasn't pmf got that ? Wouldn't it be nice if it could play videos without copying ?
Anyway, nice app mr ray, and great support ! WP needs developers like you ! :)
Both PFM and Moliplayer has such permission, but Moliplayer does not provide URI to run it with full path to video file. Instead of that Moliplayer always copying file to local storage.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

Oh thanks for the clarification ! :) i really wish i could purchase your app to support it !

Paolo Leone

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

@ray hi! i'm interested to buy your app but i have 1 question.
i'm i able to access whatsapp folder to delete wa backups? i need to do it without uninstall the app.
thanks in advice.

edit: i think that wa saves backups somewhere into SD card, your app should work, shouldn't it?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

You can check it it trial version too.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

@ray hi! i'm interested to buy your app but i have 1 question.
i'm i able to access whatsapp folder to delete wa backups? i need to do it without uninstall the app.
thanks in advice.

edit: i think that wa saves backups somewhere into SD card, your app should work, shouldn't it?

you cant delete anything in trial, you have to buy to delete :p but you can view the files, cut/copy them one by one (multi file functions not in trial)...

Paolo Leone

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

at the end i buyed the app to support your work as developer.
on sdcard i found a whatsapp folder, but seems empty. are you planning to add "show hidden files" option?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Some files are hidden. You should not delete them thats why they are hidden. As about WhatsUp, are you sure you have files there?

Paolo Leone

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Some files are hidden. You should not delete them thats why they are hidden. As about WhatsUp, are you sure you have files there?

yes. i can see this path sdcard:\whatsapp:\winphonebackup but if i open the folder i see nothing inside.
this is the folder where wa saves his backups, but pocket fm can't see them, maybe due to their format.

edit: i found a youtube video of another manger app. i don't want to compare or say that one app is better than anoter,
i just want you to see at minute 2. he open whatsapp folder and found many subfolders even a hidden one (.shared)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9xgK0hnXlE

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

We intentionally hiddeing any files and folders with HIDDEN attribute just to prevent from messing with the system. I did not know that Whatsup set this attribute to their folders :) I think I can put new option "Show hidden files" so you can decide by yourself, do you really want to see files/folders and works with them or not :)
At this moment you can just delete top level Whatsup folder to remove all history :)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

As I do not use Whatsup, I just tested it by sending photo and video to my phone. Pressed backup in Whatsup, but there is no backup files in SD. How backup is working in Whatsup?

Paolo Leone

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

As I do not use Whatsup, I just tested it by sending photo and video to my phone. Pressed backup in Whatsup, but there is no backup files in SD. How backup is working in Whatsup?

the app made a backup at some time or when the user press "backup" and save a file with conversations backup on wa folder.
there is in-app a menu to recover chats from backup but seems that will be added on next update on windows phone.
about folders, on old nokia phones the backups were saved into a folder named "wa" in sd card (or phone memory if not),
on newest windows phone (seems to be like in android) the folder has to be "whatsapp".
later i will ask a friend with android phone to give me some screenshots, so i will help you on find those files.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

I still see no files in Whatsup even when pressing backup. May be because I only have a few messages,

Anyway, we will add an option to show hidden files in next release.

Paolo Leone

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

I still see no files in Whatsup even when pressing backup. May be because I only have a few messages,
Anyway, we will add an option to show hidden files in next release.

thank you. it'll be very useful.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

You are welcome !

But do not post later that you screwed up your phone by deleting hidden files :)

Paolo Leone

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

You are welcome !
But do not post later that you screwed up your phone by deleting hidden files :)

you are right. maybe you can add a popup when toggle on "show hidden files" like "warning: care about you do with hidden files.. etc etc.."

edit: @Ray Adams can I help with italian translation? tell me if yes.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

I was reading PFM reviews from the store, and I saw too many Persian (Iranian) usernames there. (Iranian users have to set their region somewhere other than Iran to access the store, we mostly set US as phone region)
the question is, do they just sent more reviews than others, or iranian WP users are very interested to have file manager?!

* I'm an iranian, too. :)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Italian translation is currently in the process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion