Pocket File Manager. The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card! + 6 Clouds

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pocket File Manager (The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card!)

I was reading PFM reviews from the store, and I saw too many Persian (Iranian) usernames there. (Iranian users have to set their region somewhere other than Iran to access the store, we mostly set US as phone region)
the question is, do they just sent more reviews than others, or iranian WP users are very interested to have file manager?!

* I'm an iranian, too. :)
​i can post statistics about downloads from Iran , if you interested :)

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pocket File Manager (The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card!)

Well, I'm interested :)
but I'm not sure if you can see correct statistics, since every Iranian WP user who want to access store (everyone) has set a region other than Iran. Do Microsoft count statistics by IP addresses?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Just tested dev portal. I am sorry, but since there is no official Iranian Windows Phone marketplace , not statistics could be found.

Paolo Leone

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

@ray i am posting screenshots about the "whatsapp investigation" :)
i take that fron android phone to show how folders are setted and what are file names (hope could be useful to your work, seems to be the same in wp8)
altAhEZDfSZvUUve1tU42Q0Ky5Fr_iFeYl7b-7qSNcfgUee.jpg altAiNfarMoM15vLLVelTsWeYjjmLdNb4r_Dir9enZ-UgZH.jpg altAl4YhBWqEs2sZbJVZYsK-CzyMatzdgpm79qGqCE6v7MU.jpg

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

WP Is not Android. Just eject your SD from WP phone and check on PC. PFM can see ALL files (but hides hidden ones in current version) even hidden and system ones.

New version with option to show hidden files just posted to review, but I unable to test it with Whatsup as I wrote before. It is empty on my phone even though I ran backup in app.

@ray i am posting screenshots about the "whatsapp investigation" :)
i take that fron android phone to show how folders are setted and what are file names (hope could be useful to your work, seems to be the same in wp8)
View attachment 58803 View attachment 58804 View attachment 58805

Paolo Leone

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

i just wanted to show the file extensions, if you need it.
if don't, no matter. just tried to help

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Metro style? Does cloudsix follows it? Nope :) It does not support black/white theme. There is no really Metro style in WP. Even Microsoft itself does not follow it in every application. Design is like the art, some like it, some hate. People think that Black square of Malevich is the peace of art, but I see only black square. Also I see nothing in PFM that you can say it is against WP.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Metro style? Does cloudsix follows it? Nope :) It does not support black/white theme. There is no really Metro style in WP. Even Microsoft itself does not follow it in every application. Design is like the art, some like it, some hate. People think that Black square of Malevich is the peace of art, but I see only black square. Also I see nothing in PFM that you can say it is against WP.
i don't say anything against your app, its lovely the way it is ! :) but maybe it could do with some more transitions (particularly, one is needed for the menu which pops up on pressing for a long time).. I never said its bad, its one of the best apps I've seen overall (a huge number of feautures developers don't ever think about), and you're so good with your users, why not to love your app ? Its great ! :) i was just suggesting a need for some transitions, that's all ! :)

P.s. I personally love the feature to export files to library with .mp3 extension :)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I understand you. Sometimes transitions are really cool, but sometimes when you working hard you want everything to be fast. Just in general speaking sometimes I really want ability to totally turn off any transitions in WP mail client as it is boring me when I need to quickly switch between 10 or more emails.

But I will think about it :)

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I understand you. Sometimes transitions are really cool, but sometimes when you working hard you want everything to be fast. Just in general speaking sometimes I really want ability to totally turn off any transitions in WP mail client as it is boring me when I need to quickly switch between 10 or more emails.

But I will think about it :)

you're right, i don't ask for any transitions for opening folders, i like to work fast :) but some harmless ones can be put cant they ? ;-) Like the opening of context menus... Anyway, just a suggestion, keep up the great work ! :)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
As with last update you can now see hidden files in SD I do not recommend to delete folder WPSystem and or files inside!!!.

If you did it, you must restart your phone and your SD will be reinitialized. That is, Media library will rescan SD card again for pictures, music and video files.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
As with last update you can now see hidden files in SD I do not recommend to delete folder WPSystem and or files inside!!!.

If you did it, you must restart your phone and your SD will be reinitialized. That is, Media library will rescan SD card again for pictures, music and video files.

oh really ? I hope it wont cause any trouble ? I really want it to forget about my library because i want to reinitialise it, have got many duplicates both pictures and music, which cant be cured simply by formatting. I had wasted a whole day trying to fix it, and it didn't pay off. are you sure its safe to delete that folder ?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
oh really ? I hope it wont cause any trouble ? I really want it to forget about my library because i want to reinitialize it, have got many duplicates both pictures and music, which cant be cured simply by formatting. I had wasted a whole day trying to fix it, and it didn't pay off. are you sure its safe to delete that folder ?
I said DO NOT recommend :) But I did it on my phone and just restarted it. Phone detected SD as just inserted and media library just rescanned all files. I deleted file inside that folder. I do not think that deleting this file of folder may harm your SD as Microsoft never store anything very important for WP there. But you must restart phone after that.

BTW. It could be a good way to kill duplicates. Although I cannot prove it as I never sow this behavior on my phone

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I said DO NOT recommend :) But I did it on my phone and just restarted it. Phone detected SD as just inserted and media library just rescanned all files. I deleted file inside that folder. I do not think that deleting this file of folder may harm your SD as Microsoft never store anything very important for WP there. But you must restart phone after that.

BTW. It could be a good way to kill duplicates. Although I cannot prove it as I never sow this behavior on my phone

I was able to remove duplicated songs by renaming folder of each artist and rebooting. But I have too many folders, so there were many folders which I didn't renamed.
I just tried this method, and I'm waiting until it re-recognizes library.
I'll let you know if removing that file fixes duplicates or not.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Oh, IT WORKED!
I removed the file inside WPSystem folder using pocket file manager, and rebooted my phone.
it took almost 30 minutes to recognize my large library again, but now there's no duplicated files!!
thank you Ray, you're awesome :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb