Pocket File Manager. The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card! + 6 Clouds

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Oh, IT WORKED!
I removed the file inside WPSystem folder using pocket file manager, and rebooted my phone.
it took almost 30 minutes to recognize my large library again, but now there's no duplicated files!!
thank you Ray, you're awesome :)

for next time, if you need this tip, I've done this on my phone, as a temporary solution to the duplicates. I renamed the music folder (after opening sd on laptop) to 'pc music', and let it rescan. It works, but all my new music gets into the new 'music' folder I had made. Just in case you need to do this ever :). Same with pictures :p

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Oh, IT WORKED!
I removed the file inside WPSystem folder using pocket file manager, and rebooted my phone.
it took almost 30 minutes to recognize my large library again, but now there's no duplicated files!!

btw did you delete that small file there only ? There's just a single file inside, should i delete it ? That should be the end of my troubles if I'm right ?
Oh and btw, would my nokia storyteller captions be gone if i do that ? I should think yes :p damn ! :p

Btw, Mr ray you're really great ! :)

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
btw did you delete that small file there only ? There's just a single file inside, should i delete it ? That should be the end of my troubles if I'm right ?
Oh and btw, would my nokia storyteller captions be gone if i do that ? I should think yes :p damn ! :p

Btw, Mr ray you're really great ! :)

yes, I just deleted that small file.
I haven't installed storyteller so I can't tell you what happens, but currently photos app doesn't show"open in Nokia camera beta" below photos.
however, geo tagged photos are showing correctly in GeoPhoto app.

Srvgodara

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
yes, I just deleted that small file.
I haven't installed storyteller so I can't tell you what happens, but currently photos app doesn't show"open in Nokia camera beta" below photos.
however, geo tagged photos are showing correctly in GeoPhoto app.

to get open in nokia camera tag, open the settings page of nokia camera beta then at the end you will find a option to scan for photos with nokia camera tag..

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Dear Ray, it would be nice to add ability to sort files by size, date modified, date created, file type, etc. (ascending and descending)
also, a search option would be great :)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
We are working on it. But date created won't be possible just because some cloud storage do not provide creation date, only change date.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh, IT WORKED!

Good. Could be a trick to fix doubles when you do not have PC to delete file from SD Card :)

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
We are working on it. But date created won't be possible just because some cloud storage do not provide creation date, only change date.

But please allow date created for local storage and SD card. It would be useful when I receive a video clip via Bluetooth and I want to move it quickly.

Good. Could be a trick to fix doubles when you do not have PC to delete file from SD Card :)

I've never seen anywhere that deleting that small file fixes the issue before you posted it. So this may not work when we delete it with PC. (maybe we'll need to use a separate SD card reader?)
actually, known solution was to format whole SD card with the phone itself. And even it didn't work for me one time (after copying songs, issue appeared again)

So thank you again :)

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
A question: do you have any plans to implement song metadata editor soon? File Downloader app does this, but just inside its isolated storage.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
But please allow date created for local storage and SD card. It would be useful when I receive a video clip via Bluetooth and I want to move it quickly.

I've never seen anywhere that deleting that small file fixes the issue before you posted it. So this may not work when we delete it with PC. (maybe we'll need to use a separate SD card reader?)
actually, known solution was to format whole SD card with the phone itself. And even it didn't work for me one time (after copying songs, issue appeared again)

So thank you again :)

I've suffered the same hell as you :p

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
It's called File Downloader. But it can only edit metatags of songs which are downloaded by the app itself. (editor appears when you want to export to music library)
here's the link: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=09b457ef-e283-4a37-896a-894e92911584

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
so does duplicate problem of your phone fixed by PFM method?

it should surely solve it ! But I'm not doing it right now, because i guess it'd delete all my captions in nokia storyteller. So i'm just waiting for the developer of storyteller to implement a suggestion i told him about, to save the captions on the pictures...
I might test it in a few days anyway, when I'm free. At present, I'm not in a mood to experiment :p

ardaozkal

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Pfm 4ever ;) now I only need background color, Can you Add that function? Like, accent colored background support would be Great ;) (haven't I just killed English? ;) )

Sent from my lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb