Pocket File Manager. The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card! + 6 Clouds

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Ray there's another suggestion... In STMP settings for mail, could you please allow for "send mails as" and allow us to put our names there ?
In the native client, in sync settings, there's a field: your name. And under it it is written: we'll send your mails using this name. And when i send it using native client, in the other person's mail it shows "Saksham", while with your app it shows "saksham08@yahoo.com", even though my id is in their contact list. I'd like to see that field, it'd make everyone's email ids less cluttered. I'm using pfm for mailing because i want to send high res pictures only.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
And another, isn't there any way to save the sent mails to the sent folder ? Or maybe make a new folder "pfm sent" and save it there ? I do want a backup of mails i send :p

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
main menu.jpg

As a lot of people asking how to do things with Pocket File Manager, here is description of all menus available in PFM.

1. Copy file/folder
2. Cut file/folder
3. Delete file/folder also can delete file provider like Dropbox and etc.
4. Rename file/folder also can rename file provider
5. Open file in phone. For example to open PDF file in phone, instead of internal viewer, you should use this menu
6. Store file in phone (obsolete) , not actual now as you can just copy file to SD card or Phone's Pictures folder
7. Send file by Bluetooth
8. Send file by Email
9. Share file. Only for cloud if cloud provides share file feature.
10. Delete share link, if cloud provides it
11. Share file by WiFi/HTTP
12. Share image or video by using integrated in windows phone share feature. Works only for Pictures and Videos in SD card and Phones memory
13. Convert CSV file to Excel format
14. Save music file to music library of the phone
15. Set music file as ringtone
16. Unpack archive
17. Pin folder to start screen. Only for local storage, phone memory and SD card
18. Run ID3Tag editor

brdloch

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ray,
nice work, but could be possible to unzip password protected archives also, please?

Sent from my L625 using Tapatalk

ardaozkal

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Just saw New extensions, they look cool ;) I'll certainly use them ;) can you add a file type that downloads link (scenario: i will send a xyz.dwn (or so) containing a link, and pfm will download it)? Thanks?

Sent from my lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Ray there were a few things i noticed with the ID3 editing:
A) for songs which have no metadata already, it simply crashes on clicking save. Maybe add an exception for what to do when metadata is being added and not updated ? It seems your code just handles editing of metadata and not editing. anyway, can you look into it ? It works fine for songs which already have some metadata.
B) what's the 'fill' button for ? It never glows !
C) the checkboxes for deleting which fields to edit, they disappear within a split second of opening the tag edit page.
Otherwise thanks for adding such a great functionality. :)

Last edited:

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I will check and fix it. But i tested editing with my library and found no bugs, strange.
full button is only for multiply file editing. You can select one file from list and fill information from that file.

checkboxes for multiply file editing too.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I will check and fix it. But i tested editing with my library and found no bugs, strange.
full button is only for multiply file editing. You can select one file from list and fill information from that file.

checkboxes for multiply file editing too.

ok thanks. By the way, i edited 2 different mp3s which had no metadata earlier, and it crashed with both, tried 5 times each. But then i edited 2 other mp3s which just didn't have the album, it worked fine there. Then i opened those earlier mp3s on laptop just to confirm that the y are not corrupted or locked, no they weren't. I could edit the ID3 from laptop. So must be something with pfm only.
Anyway, thanks ! :)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Updated version just posted on review.

- Improved id3tag editor
- Implemented GUI for music player
- Implemented sorting.

Also about tag editing. If phone currently paying the file you want to edit PFM will not be able to do it as file blocked to be accessed from other applications.
Also about album picture. At this moment you can put file named "folder.jpg" in to the folder where your songs are located and it will be used by PFM to display as album cover. If MP3 file contains album cover, it will be used instead of "folder.jpg" file

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
It works like a charm for me!
Editing songs with absolutely no metadata has always been a problem even on iTunes I haven't realized why, though.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
It works like a charm for me!
Editing songs with absolutely no metadata has always been a problem even on iTunes I haven't realized why, though.

there are some songs for whom metadata cannot be edited at all. But i tested my files, their metadata wasn't locked. I presume it must've been a bug with pfm only. Though i haven't tested it yet after the update. Anyone checked ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss