Pocket File Manager. The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card! + 6 Clouds

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently facing a bug when opening the saved pictures folder. The app loads and then crashes. I only have like 40 pics inside. Moreover, it only happens when the Grid view and show thumbnails options are activated.

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ray, i saw the update but when i try to update i get an error. I deleted pocket and try to re-install it but it doesnt work. The live tile is grayed out too..
Any thoughts?

Edit : Finally it worked! Why you disable the music player? It was the only way to play folders!

Last edited:

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Ray, i saw the update but when i try to update i get an error. I deleted pocket and try to re-install it but it doesnt work. The live tile is grayed out too..
Any thoughts?

Edit : Finally it worked! Why you disable the music player? It was the only way to play folders!

Read a few prev pages.
Why should I disable something that worked? This is Microsoft who removed support for music playing in background. Say thanks to them

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Oh didnt know that. This is indeed stupid of them..
Is it possible to manually install the xap of the 8.0 version? I really liked the folder music feature!

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I purchased this app today. It has excellent set of features. Only thing I noticed was when i was opening images, it was taking time, wasn't spontaneous. I am running it on Lumia 1320 WP8.

Ray, functionality wise its the best app on the store, however would be really nice if you could work on the UI and make it look modern.

pluizebol

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I purchased this app today. It has excellent set of features. Only thing I noticed was when i was opening images, it was taking time, wasn't spontaneous. I am running it on Lumia 1320 WP8.

Ray, functionality wise its the best app on the store, however would be really nice if you could work on the UI and make it look modern.

Ray please don't do that !
for gods sake don't give it a Metro look !

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
cant see phone storage anymore, on 8.1 and newest update, is that correct or i am being silly? - all i got is dropbox, local storage and onedrive in root list

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

i think he means that when you move a file from folder A to folder B in the sd card/phone, it should show "moving", but it actually shows "copying", and then deletes the original file. I know its wp problem as even when i connect my phone to laptop and move files, the same thing happens.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
i think he means that when you move a file from folder A to folder B in the sd card/phone, it should show "moving", but it actually shows "copying", and then deletes the original file. I know its wp problem as even when i connect my phone to laptop and move files, the same thing happens.

StorageFolder gives no option to Move it, so I have to copy it first and the delete. This is new file access method that uses PFM. StorageFile does provide move option, but architecture of PFM requires that any type of file item should support MOVE operation. If one type supports, but another not, PFM uses COPY/DELETE operation as MOVE.

The last update has small bug with SD naming. I have already posted updated version which also includes :
- Improvements in thumbnail generation for folders in huge amount of images
- Speed improvements in file list generation in Grid view mode (up to 10x times faster). Though for simple list and Preview list the speed remains the same. This is because PFM retrieves file size and file last modification date. This operation is very slow with new file API access method. I have received a lot of email that other "explorers" do it faster, but they do not provide you file size view, do not provide you sorting by modification date :)
- For some video files you can now get properties like bitrate, resolution.

brdloch

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Bug in version 5.0.3.0 - Local storage Information gives empty list.

Edit: Solved in version 5.0.5.0.

Sent from Lumia 625 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
My saved pictures folder keeps on crashing! I'm really annoyed because of this since I only have 8Mb on it! It's ridiculous, it crashes for only 20pics when trying to display the thumbnails.

brdloch

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
MS Store has serious problem with update 5.0.4.0 installation.

Edit: Version 5.0.5.0 has solved problem.

Sent from Lumia 625 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss