Pocket File Manager. The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card! + 6 Clouds

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Check this thread. Music cannot be enabled in PFM for WP8.1. It was removed by Microsoft for Silverlight applications. As about Cortana, what do you want to integrate with it?

Ahmadali Shafiee

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Check this thread. Music cannot be enabled in PFM for WP8.1. It was removed by Microsoft for Silverlight applications.
(I don't know if it's possible or not) there's an app named GoMusic that plays the music via Xbox Music. I mean when you tap on a music it starts playing in app and when you tap on music on volume bar Xbox Music opens. Also Nokia MixRadio can play music (I don't know if it's wp8 or wp8.1)
But if it's not thanks for making app better :)

harisyousaf

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
PFM is not sync app, but file manager. It does not keep links between local files and files in clouds. Thats why it will download file before opening from cloud. There is no other way to do it

Ok.. I got it.. But some weeks before I coul move some vedios from phone memory to OneDrive without uploading it.. But now it asking me to upload the file when I try to paste the file in onedrive

Ahmadali Shafiee

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
What exactly do you want? Can you please be more specific when asking for something?

Thank you for answering fast!

About Downloader:

1. Scheduler shouldn't disable downloader out of scheduled download time (I want to download huge files in unlimited times but I want to download a small file in limited time)

2. Automatically add http to the URLs that doesn't have that (instead of invalid URL error)

3. (if possible!) let me change the URL and continue downloading from new URL.

4. Add the app to system URL share. I mean when I share the URL from IE I will be able to share URL with PFM and add it to download queue.

5. Automatic retry. I have unstable internet (government internet policy to prevent good guys become bad guys by visiting bad sites and closing active connection to prevent vpn and proxy applications :| ) and I have to tap retry many times. But in unlimited time I'm asleep and I can't tap retry :(

6. Let me choose default download folder (or at least change it to system's Download folder in SD or local storage (for non SD phones))

7. Let me download more than one file in scheduler mode (ask the user the count of downloads in one time)
It would be great if you add option to download tap and get the number of retries from user or set it to 10 times.

(sorry for saying but most of those are all I asked before! I just put them in one place)

About the app (suggestions and bugs)

1. Search option would be great.

2. Remember the place on page. I mean when I'm in music folder with 89 subfolders and I go to "Hans Zimmer" folder, it's nice to see "Hans Zimmer" folder when I come back to the music folder instead of "A. R. Rahman" folder. (it's useful when you go to wrong folder in long list)

3. PDF viewer doesn't work. It only says that there is no reason to receive my own file.

4. It would be nice to see the content of archive files when I open them. Especially for zip. Since system default zip viewer isn't able to view huge zip file.

5. It's a pro request (not everyone wants that! And I know it's being rude) but viewing the content of a file will be great. I mean a tool to simply show content of files.

6. Redesign the context menu. It takes time to see information of file or at least reduce the hold time to showing up the menu.

7. Progress bar: The upper progress bar has a bag. When you copy one file it should show 0/1 (since it suppose to show percentage of completed action) but it shows 1/1

8. Sometimes the single file progress bar doesn't work. In last version it didn't work when you copy files from SD to app's local storage.

9. ID3 tag editor: I explained it before. For example try to edit this file with PFM : http://1drv.ms/1mNvYcf and try to edit it with "Tag Editor" app.

10. When you receive file from OS, let me choose where to save it. (and it would be great to add the file to upload queue instead of upload instantly if user selected a cloud storage.)

11. Let me zip a file (add option to context menu)

12. Default name for new folders.

13. Don't add name of provider to it's folder. Wen I name the folder "OneDrive" I want it to be "OneDrive" not "OneDrive (OneDrive)"

14. Preselect default name when you are adding a new provider and new folder (if you add default name to it)

15. (design suggestion) Replace the loading icon in the folder view page with that one in folder information page.

Thank you so much for reading this and excuse me for being such a rude person!

Ahmadali Shafiee

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I think the MS Files app has a better design and has search superiority but PFM is much more useful app for showing hidden files, unarchive tool, cloud storage, id3 editor, downloader, copy/move option for folders (it's a silly bug in Files app I suppose) and many other useful tools :) and it's definitely worth buying.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Some answers to app suggestions.

3. PDF viewer was removed from PFM. Install Adobe reader as its better
9. I use external library for ID3 editing, it doesn't not support all types of tags. If it will be updated, I will update PFM too
10. This is by design. You always can upload that file later. As about upload queue, Windows phone has background uploader, but is very limited. Thats why PFM only upload files directly. The global queue for upload/download/copy and so on, could be implemented later.
11. Select single file and ZIP it. Popup menu is already to complicated, don't you think so?
13. This is done because you can have multiply instances of cloud storage.
15. Will replace it :)

Kodary

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I think what Pocket File Manager urgently needs is the ability to extract zip and rar files inside the app, so the content inside of if can be saved into the phone storage or SD card. I know that MS already supports opening zip files, but the content inside of it couldn't be saved, for example formats like mp3, aac etc. It only give you the ability to save pictures.
I'd be so happy and appreciated if this feature could appear in the app's upcoming updates.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I think what Pocket File Manager urgently needs is the ability to extract zip and rar files inside the app, so the content inside of if can be saved into the phone storage or SD card. I know that MS already supports opening zip files, but the content inside of it couldn't be saved, for example formats like mp3, aac etc. It only give you the ability to save pictures.
I'd be so happy and appreciated if this feature could appear in the app's upcoming updates.
PFM already can extract zip, rar, 7-zip archives

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Is this feature in the full version? When I open a zip file, it shows all the files inside of it, but I can't exactly extract it.
you need to tap on the file you want for about 1-2 seconds and a menu will appear. then choose unpack, i don't now if this feature is available in the free version as i have the paid one

fedup_with_WP

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I remember using ID3 tag editor function of POCKET FILE MANAGER in some mp3 files (downloaded from Nokia Mix Radio aka Nokia Music) but the files became inaudible (Playing without sound). Same goes with other ID3 tag editors available for PC for these same files. I suppose there is some protection in Nokia Music files.

Ahmadali Shafiee

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for taking care of my suggestions :)

About your answers:

3. So would you please remove it from system PDF viewer apps?

9. In desktop apps, I use taglibsharp library and it supports all kind of files. But I think it needs modifications to be compatible with WP API. (I have an important exam next three weeks. After that I probably do that modification.

10. It's your app so it's all your choice, but in OneDrive app I can choose where to save the file and I feel much better when I define the place of file, but of course it's your design ;)
Upload queue was a programming idea. I meant if user choose a cloud storage folder and upload is not allowed in background (I didn't know about background upload API) and it's not good to make user to wait until upload is done, an upload queue would be fine.

11. Agreed about popup menu (every time I said context menu I meant this menu) would you please redesign it? (I don't remember if I asked this before)

13. Would you please make it optional?

15. Thank you very much ;)

And here's next episode (!) :) of my suggestions:

1. The progress bar works fine now.

2. Better choice for replace/skip when copying files (ask for each file and something like that)

3. (design suggestion) provide more space for content: If I want to know what folder I'm in, I can simply take a look at address bar.

4. (design suggestion) bigger icons in list view.

5. In rename box it's good to navigate the text via swipe (like address bar in IE)

6. (design suggestion) smother progress bar.

7. When I move folder SD card become unavailable few seconds. I think it's because of WP8.1 SD API (maybe some logging tasks. Since Xbox Music doesn't rescans folders that I renamed and their music's ID3 tag won't change) so would you please use old API for copying/moving files?

8. PFM shows hidden folders but it doesn't show the contents of them.

Arda Ozkal

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Ray. Does the OLD 1520 screen optimization work for lumia 1320? If not, please add it until monday, because getting one on Monday :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte